Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a woodsball game coming up the 26th and I'm getting ready to order my paint. I usually just shoot mediocre paint and i've gotten decent results with it. However, since this is the first time i've played in probably a year, I want to shoot some high quality paint this time and was looking at marballizer and evil. Which paint would you guys recommend? Like I said, I'm going to be playing woodsball. I have an a-5 with egrip running off co2, and an empire barrel kit if it matters(might have a palmer stabilizer before the game). Those paintballs are pretty much my price range. Thanks for the help guys. thumup:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
marbs are very good paint.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Definitely marballizer. They're both great paint, but evil is geared towards high end markers for use in tournaments, meaning guns that cycle at low pressure (your a5 runs at high pressure). Marballizer is too somewhat, but to a lesser degree; it's shell is slightly tougher and is a little bit more friendly in low end markers. They're both made by the same company, RPS aka PMI. If wherever your playing will be cold out, I would strongly recommend you get neither, and instead get Polar Ice. It too is made by RPS, so wherever you're buying from should carry it as well.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Hey guys, I have a woodsball game coming up the 26th and I'm getting ready to order my paint. I usually just shoot mediocre paint and i've gotten decent results with it. However, since this is the first time i've played in probably a year, I want to shoot some high quality paint this time and was looking at marballizer and evil. Which paint would you guys recommend? Like I said, I'm going to be playing woodsball. I have an a-5 with egrip running off co2, and an empire barrel kit if it matters(might have a palmer stabilizer before the game). Those paintballs are pretty much my price range. Thanks for the help guys. thumup:
Evil might be best. They'll both shoot pretty good. The shells are going to be thinner and therefore more brittle than the lower end paint you're used to shooting, which can lead to chops, especially in guns like tippmanns and spyders.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in Florida and it is winter here but it's most likely not going to be super cold next saturday. It might get down into the 40's but by late morning/early afternoon, it'll probably be in the 60's. How would the marbs and evil do in these temperatures? Also, regardless of temp, how with these paints perform in my gun? I always heard that the marbs had a thicker shell and were ok for lower end markers but you guys informed me otherwise. What is my best bet considering the factors stated above?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
marbs do have a slightly harder shell, making them better for low-end. and 60 degree weather is perfect for paintball.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I guess marbs would be ok for me to use given my stated weather conditions, gun, etc? If so, I'm gonna go ahead and order a case of marballizer here in a day or two. Thanks a bunch for the help guys. I really appreciate it. :) Also, if someone can still tell me a better paintball to use in my situation, im all ears. Thanks again. thumup:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
nelson as well(they sell over the net don't they?)

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
nelson as well(they sell over the net don't they?)
Yes, although most of their paints I think fall a wee bit short of paint in the marballizer price range which is why I left them out. They're great if you're looking to save some money though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts