Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I <3 Brian Peppers.
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Marines said such a sacrifice would be perfectly in character for Peralta, a Mexico native who lived in San Diego and gained U.S. citizenship after joining the Marines.

He was not even born in the USA.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
just think about what kind of character you have to be to take a grenade and cradle it with your body so that your friends dont get hurt. I dont know if i would even be able to do that.

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
i would have thrown it back. maybe he didnt have time to though. But could you imagine if a grenade rolled into the room and you dove on it and it didnt detonate for like 4 more seconds and you COULD have thrown it away? Im sure its happened...that sucks.

Phantom13 said:
I hope he gets the MoH
He definately will.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Kdrx1 said:
The Marines said such a sacrifice would be perfectly in character for Peralta, a Mexico native who lived in San Diego and gained U.S. citizenship after joining the Marines.

He was not even born in the USA.
Many of the greatest patriots of this country are not from here. We take the freedoms we have for granted, but it is the outsider that fights for every freedom and right that we need to learn from

Semper fi Marine.

·
12,110 Posts
Thats the kind of guy I'd just like to shake hands with and buy a drink for. ITs funny... Theres people on the train that won't let a pregnant lady whos forced to stand up have their seat.. Theres people who ****ing knock other soccermoms over to get their sons the latest toys.. People are so rude..

Yet in the middle of a war, under fire, someone manages to think fast and dive on a grenade, not to let the pregnant lady have a seat forcing them to stand up, but ending their lives so that his brothers may live. God bless. <3

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't mean to discount what that man did in any way...but that kind of thing has happened hundreds of times in other wars without being reported. Especially in Vietnam...and when troops got back the most they could hope for was to get spat on by lesser citizens.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
phantom is right. its what heros are made of.

do remember that he did have a wound to the face. Very few healthy combat effective soldiers would do this but he must have seen it as one last way to help his brothers.

I often question if the same oppertunity arose if I would take the same hit. Under his circumstances yes. Im sure he was lying on the ground screaming in pain and that he was gonna die and choked it up over helping out his fellow marine.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
he deserves the medal of honor. if he dosen't get it somebody in washington should be shot.

·
pink floyd>you
2,084 Posts
That guy has some courage. Like Medic said, people in America take everything we have for granted. The people who were raised less fortunate know what its like, they are the ones that learn the really important life lessons and don't even have to think about helping someone. God bless. Bless that man.

·
Registered
322 Posts
that is just courage right there.....that makes anyone who wants to disrespect the marines shutup
<3 from here at home to all of those marines/servicemen/women!

-Kevin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts