Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i think that zeladine (spelling) should post the the instructions he had for painting your marker that was on the forum before it was hacked, it was the best step by step instruction i've seen and it helped me paint mine
thanks

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
well, its pretty easy, sand it, paint it, wait, paint it, wait longer, paint it, wait overnight, clearcoat it. the end.

·
Registered
6 Posts
if u wanna paint ur marker ur gonna need more than just the paint and clear coat. that is if u want it 2 come out nicely and stick. on any gun you will need a surface prep 2 clean off the oil, grease, and dirt off the gun. you will also have to get the anno off the gun because the paint will not stick well to that. then you need a self etching primer to use on the bare metal. you then need a base sealer coat, and good quality paint, with several layers of clear coat to protect it. using a heat gun inbetween every coat is also necessicary to ensure they stick will. i did this to my gun and clear coated it all 4 times and it stuck reasonable well but a clear coat will take MUCH longer to cure than most people wait. for a clear coat to fully cure you must wait 3-6 months. this is similar to buying a new car and they will tell you not to wax it because that would clog up the paint pores and not allow the clear coat to fully dry. if you do wait long enough the paint will be MUCH more durable than waiting 3 days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts