Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Big Props to L. Ron
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed that the new maxflow and the ipod nano are marketed the same way impossibly small seeing the new maxflow made me think of an ipod nano coincidence?

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Do you smell that? somebody is going to get sued. :dodgy:

·
Silly Boston Its no Bomb
2,195 Posts
ja289 said:
is this really a thread?
No......

lol i doubt they wont even see each others i mean paintball and ipods? I highly doubt they even think about one another

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Well look at it this way:

The American consumer WANTS smaller things. Cell phones, ipods, what have you. SP is simply trying to tap into that phase of the American Consumer.

Consumers are like kids, they have phases. SP is just trying to ride the wave on the "small phase". By marketing the size they are trying to bring attention to the small product, and therefore capture the "small-seeking" market.

It may or may not work, but its worth a shot anyway.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I highly doubt there will be a lawsuit. Unless Ipod copywrited or Trademarked the phrase "Impossibly Small" in the terms of advertising, there would be no problem.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
It doesn't matter if it is the smallest. As long as they market it for the small size, the idea of it being the smallest or one of the smallest will be buzzing in the heads os possible consumers.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
ArmoArchangel said:
It doesn't matter if it is the smallest. As long as they market it for the small size, the idea of it being the smallest or one of the smallest will be buzzing in the heads os possible consumers.
i know i know, but my little informed mind likes to chuckle b/c i know it's all lies.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Even the ads look the same. Product on the right....a bunch of empty space on the left...blank background.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
simple is best. ive seen a lot of ads, some from companies long before ipod's time, that used the same format

·
12,110 Posts
SP actually bought the trademark "impossibly small" from some guy in minnesota (who consequently didnt actually own the copyright anyways), and SP is now using it.

In 5 years SP is going to sue apple, and apple will writher away, its only supporters being a small online community called ipod owners.org (IO). There, dealers like Codman and WolverineFactor make aftermarket products. Steve Jobs will announe that he's retiring from the world of electronics, and take up the life he always wanted- firefighter/EMT/Rock Climber/SCUBA Diver/Sumo wrestler..

Soon after, an ipod conneseur by the name of Zulu will open up his brand new website- TheZuluipod.com.

im done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts