4.Who is your instructor
5.How long have you been training there
6.Whats your best move

1. Brazilian Ju-Jistu in Jackson Tennessee
2. Luiz Palhares Ju-Jistu
3. White belt going for blue in about 3-4 months
4. Luiz Palhares
5. 1 year
6. my leg locks are nasty and so is my omaplata and kimura. My sweeps are my favorite thing to do though

·
Registered
917 Posts
I don't really like that school I'm in, but my last one closed down. I'm changing pretty soon.

1. Tuscaloosa, AL. Tae Kwon Do, previously Ishin-Ryu.
2. Bruce Lee's Tae Kwon Do and Karate
3. Blue, testing tomorrow.
4. Bruce Lee
5. 3 months. 6 months before when I was younger.
6. The basic roundkick and jab. Stick to the basics. :)

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I did tae kwon do for 10 years. For the last 5 of it i have hated it. I also took a year and a half break inbetween then...and now i dont do it anymore! Ya!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Made it up to senior green, I got out for two reasons. One, every instructor I had moved before I could get my next belt, and two, it got boring b/c all I brought home were silver and mostly gold. The sparring was retarded because I could have gotten all the required points to win *can't remember the requirement* quickly but they would halt the sparring after each hit or block to call the hit. I would do a front kick the first time, side kick the second time, then jump kick the third time to the head to win. Nobody new how to block a head kick so i always won.

·
Registered
917 Posts
xxxfirexxx said:
The sparring was retarded because I could have gotten all the required points to win *can't remember the requirement* quickly but they would halt the sparring after each hit or block to call the hit. I would do a front kick the first time, side kick the second time, then jump kick the third time to the head to win. Nobody new how to block a head kick so i always won.
Amen. Except, it's fun to go boxing-style and just start whaling on them really close. thumup: Stupid TKD people are all about the kicks-- they don't know what to do when it become a punch-fest.

Now.. Kung-fu people can tear it up when it comes to punching. =0

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I only used punches a couple times. The reason was *and still is* I have built legs. I have no problem with punches, but TKD is about both forms, actually most of the people I sparred against punched and still lost.

·
Registered
770 Posts
1. Fencing (specifically foil... and if you tell me it's not an equiv. martial art... I dont' care)
2. Pasadena City College Fencing Team.. (not really a school, besides the obvious)
3. We have no belts
4. Ray Coldiron
5. Going on 3 years.
6. ****, just my basic lunge. It's fast, and has sick reach cuz I'm tall.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
1.)Mixed martial arts, mainly jujitsu
2.)Use to be Northeastern Martial Arts. but I quit because they've moved away from actually teaching how to fight and more towards making money.
3.)Belts are pointless, stupid, and overrated.
4.)I had many, but the only good one was/is Mark Garafalo.
5.)It doesn't matter. All that matters is your skill. Probably about 5-6 years though.
6.)Best move? Haha, so pointless. If you rely on one move to win a fight, you're going to lose.

I started off learning Isshin Ryu karate, then I realized after about 3 years how incredibly stupid it was. I began to train with Mark, who as I said is a sensei at my old dojo, who basically tought me how to fight. Now I don't care about style or anything, I merely learn how to fight. I suppose it mostly resembles the UFC. Every Friday we use to fight with no pads, few rules, basically all out fighting.

-Jin

·
Registered
234 Posts
1.Burke VA ,Taekwondo
2.U.S. TKD College
3.Black
4.Master Han
5.12 years
6. I have my own tornado kick but instead of 360 spin with 2 kicks i do a 540 which adds a 3rd kick. Totally unexpected but, also is the Spinning Back Hook Kick, or jsu the flat out Back Kick.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
i want to learn some form of martial arts. ive always wanted to get into a fight with someone and completely woop their ass by like doing liu-kang moves on them
Hell yea, I would beat their ass then be all..."fatality"

that **** would pwn:ninja:

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
703dEdLee said:
I have my own tornado kick but instead of 360 spin with 2 kicks i do a 540 which adds a 3rd kick. Totally unexpected but, also is the Spinning Back Hook Kick, or jsu the flat out Back Kick.
How incredibly useless... :rolleyes:

-Jin

·
12,110 Posts
1.I don't train anymore, but I have 7 years of Korean Tae Kwon Do under my belt, and 3 years of Shorin-Ryo Karate-Do.
2.Paytons KArate school, until my instructor had a kind of crisis and stopped teaching a lot.
3.I earned my Black belt on June 17th 2001
4.John Payton, Motorcycle racer, and Worls WAKO Light Heavyweight Champion of the world 1992(I think it was 92)
5.Like I said, 10 years with Mr.Payton.
6. MY Karate is a little rusty right now, and it would take me about a month of 1.5 hours a day to perfect my technique again.

I really dont think I have a best move.. Its not like Street Fighter where you hit up up down X and do somethign funky. Karate isn't about the one best move you have but all your moves. In the word it syas Hand and Foot.

My best techniques would probably be wristlocks. I use them a lot becuase they are very controllable. With a little bit of pressure you can get someones attention. Start turnign their wrist and you can make them involuntarily drop the the floor. Quick snapping motion and you broke their wrist, rendering that hand useless.

EDIT: I might add that I do know a lot of boxing, but it doesn't come from a boxing school or anythign, it was sometimes integrated in our lessons. Boxing+TKD+Techniques of Shorin-Ryu= Dangerous.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
1. Tang -soo-do, kickboxing, Ju-Jistu
2. World Martial Arts Academy
3. yellow stripe (people only move up every year or year and a half...we have to WORK)
4. Master Kofroth
5. 2 years
6. Axe Kicks, Hook Kicks, self defense flips (1-4)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts