Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know everyone in the lounge just sighed and smacked themselves in their face right now, but oh well.. im a little late posting but thats ok, its not like anyone was anticipating this.. oh and i guarentee a part 3...

ever get a barium upper gi/small bowel study? it sucks. not the worst medical procedure, but its not the funnest either. for all of you that aren't familiar with Barium imaging studies, its when you drink a thick white 'shake' and they can see where it travels in your digestive system on a live x-ray screen. they also take still xrays..

to begin the procedure you have to swallow pop rocks basically.. and alot, a whole mouth full.. this fills your stomach up with gas, inflating it. you need to burp, but can you? nope, its better for the imaging if you dont.. so then you lay on this xray table and drink some barium. yum. looks like paint, tastes like ****.. its horrible.. then you go in the waiting room. and drink some more! a whole cup full...

skip to the last part. once youve drinken it all they birng you to test the barium progress. and then they do a live test again, poke you, all that stuff... all in all, everything was normal.. the other day I found out my blood tests tested positive for Celiac disease. so Stay Tuned For, Matts Doctor Adventures Pt3: The Endoscopy-Biopy

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only person who reads these is "spyder person" i think

and im not particullarly proud of that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts