Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eh. It's 4:59AM, even If I had a decent amount of friends they wouldn't be awake. So I must vent to my PbF chums. If any of you read the thread I posted around thanksgiving, you'll know I've been having problems with kidney stones.

We'll before tonight, the latest news was a 6.6mm kidney stone. Un-passable on it's own, it'll need a procedure called lithotripsy, which directs sound waves to break up the stone into smaller fragments. This is scheduled for mid-January. I'm weary of this, because at any time this 6.6mm stone can descend and obstruct my urinary system. (bad news bears)

Well anyway, tonight there was a good amount of blood in my piss, and enough pain to warrant an ER visit. Turns out, since thanksgiving until now, the stone has grown from 6.6mm to 8mm. (For all of you who haven't had stones, or aren't Medic, the average kidney stone is 2-3mm.)

It was ****ING ****ty. Went into the ER at like 10:45, and its 4:59 now, and I pretty much just got in. Ended up hooking me up with an IV for fluids & pain killers. Got another CT scan, blood work, piss work.

Ended up walking out with a take home bottle of percocet, and a Rx of Vicodin. I'm alot happier I have these drugs now to help me in case, god forbid, the stone decides it wants to leave my kidney.

Argh. It just ****ing sucks so bad. I have so many anxiety and stomach problems, this is the last thing I need. I've been in and out of hospitals for various reasons since I started high school. I never got a chance to finish, and now I feel like I'll never be able to be a kid.

I really wish everyone here the best of health. There's plenty worse than large kidney stones, but I really hope everyone is doing okay.

Thanks for listening to me rant guys.

peace.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I promise pics once these buggers pass :rolleyes:

·
i haz teh titties
199 Posts

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gross...but I'm still intrigued.
I'll deliver. Tell me I won't, go ahead.

Yeah pissing jagged rocks isn't fun. I haven't gotten there yet, I can't wait. They're breaking my 8mm stone into several smaller pieces. All of them are gonna hurt like **** coming out though. 8mm is just too big to naturally pass without medical intervention.

I still can't believe it grew 1.5mm in less than 3 weeks. I've been staying hydrated too.

Oh well. I Gotta keep my head up. Oh and I don't mean that in terms of optimism, I really can't keep my head up. I'm handling these pain killers like a girl ;)

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Isn't there a way they can break the stone into small enough pieces that you won't feel them as they pass?
Falcon kidney punch!.....works every time.

Seriously though, they can break them up pretty small with the ultrasound technique usually, but they still hurt to pass (unless you've got a urethra the size of an airplane hanger):)

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Isn't there a way they can break the stone into small enough pieces that you won't feel them as they pass?
Yes. It's called EWSL, or for short, Lithotripsy. Sound waves directed towards the stone break it into smaller, passable fragments. It'll still hurt though.

My major concern is the 8mm stone trying to pass before the Lithotripsy procedure on Jan 13th

1 - 10 of 10 Posts