Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so i got this thing and it just leaks air from everywhere. There is not only a screw spot ( for the steel hose i got) but on the other side (aside from the little holes near the asa connection) is a hex wrench looking fitting, what is this for? (other than to leak air for me and what is the best way to seal it up?

thanks in advane

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
So there are two holes where you can put the steel hose in?

I'm sorry, but could you take some pictures?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, so i took some tools to it and have pried off the bottomline adapter and most of the epoxy... So i'm prolly just gonna buy a new grip, (mine is still intact in the meantime, looks new, just some excess epoxy on the bottom) (not EURO... EVER AGAIN!!!) so now i'm in the process of researching what will fit ( basically it's just a little block with a screw hole (just 1 hole) coming in a bout 40 degress from the rear so i can attach a bottomline and maybe in time an expansion chamber....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hate to play forum necromancy here, but this could have been fixed with some blue loctite everywhere one part threaded into another part.

That said, the .45 grip is what I went with too. I just wanted to put Dye Stickies on it. :smokin

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update...

Got a 45 grip, needless to say, it is so much better, despite being half the cost of the gun.

The feel is solid, apposed to the solid plastic grip.

there are inline holes in the grip, easy enough to hook up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maverick

The good news also is that the metal 45 frame is less likely to break your plastic trigger frame than using the euro adapter the weight of the tank on the euro adapter is transmitted through that one screw directly to the plastic frame, were as the 45 grip supports the weight itself. a little less likely to break the trigger frame of a Maverick. I have a 45 frame on my Hornet pump, which is very similiar to the Maverick except it bottom pumps rather than bolting directly in to the bolt, mine is hooked up hawiian style (not sure I spelled it right LOL.)The 45 frame on my Hornet is a composite plastic one that is not manufactured anymore (to my knowledge) You can get the J&J Ceramics barrel I have on this Hornet as I think J&J still makes barrels for (Maverick, Hornet, Traccer, Tagmaster they are all threaded the same)the barrl cost about 45.00 and quiets the Mavericks Considerably, heres the link just in case J&J Performance.com
Have fun and enjoy your Maverick.

Robert.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts