Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a maverick a lil while back and it seems like it is shotting way fast(as in fps)

anyone know how to adjust it caues i cant find any knob or screws or anything that will do this THX :rofl

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i checked soon as i saw your post and there was nothing in there

anything else

·
Registered
440 Posts
you sure? Well, get a srping kit or go to your hardware store and check the spring section. Find a similar sring with more tension and get that. Or get a same width but longer one.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks i guess ill keep tinkering and see whats going on

·
Registered
426 Posts
Only way to adjust the velocity on a maverick is with a different main spring. You can try finding a weaker spring at your your hardware store or look around for a nelson spring kit. The nelson kit will only run you about 5-10 bucks and comes with 3 or 4 different main springs.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks thats a first for me no velocity screw it adjuster i guess i wont be changing my velocity cause i font want to go to the hardware store hehehe :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
mine has a velocity adjuster... but it's hidden :looking

um... disclaimer: i'm not sure if all aci mavericks were built with a velocity adjuster. not all of the pmi trracers have them.

take your bolt out, look down the front (as though you're looking down the barrel) and if your gun is like mine you should see a hexagon in there. there's like a tunnel that goes from the front of the bolt to the back. and this hex thing goes like around the tunnel if you can see what i'm saying. anyway find an allen key that fits, insert down the front of the bolt and i think turning clockwize will increase your velocity and conter-clockwize will decrease.

more, possibly incorrect, explanation: on the sides of the bolt there are two holes where the thumbscrews go that attatch the pump to the bolt. if you look in those holes you should see brass colored threading. when you turn the velocity adjuster, you're um turning that threading and essentially making the bolt a little longer in back, or a little shorter. when you make it longer, it preloads the mainspring so the hammer will strike harder, increacing the velocity. when you make it shorter you lessen the load on the mainspring, so the hammer will not strike so hard.

a guy at the shop told me that pump players would try to make their guns shoot harder by pointing them down when they cock so it would draw liquid co2 into the gun. so maybe if you tilt the gun up when you cock, it will lower the velocity.

another guy at the shop said that as a last resort, you can remove the mainspring and cut it shorter to lower the velocity. but do this little by little, because you can always cut off more, but i doubt you can un-cut it.

my maverick seems to have extremely inconsistant velocity, so it may be hard to notice the effects of a slight velocity change.

i'm confused about alot of the little nuances of how this paintball gun operates. but i think i have the basic idea.

^^ really long. but i hope it helps

EDIT: ok now i'm thinkin not all the mavericks had velocity adjust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts