Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so about 3 months or so ago, my dad gave me his Mustang. He didn't have storing room, so he towed it here(his friends truck), and put it in our backyard.

Its a 66', i think. I'm tired, so IDK. It has a 73-77 Edelbrock engine. I will try and get into more detail later. He is gonna give me a Alpine Cd/Dvd stereo system. I also have a house stereo, but i'm talking about my car.

It needs SOME work. It runs, but it needs a paint job, prolly some rims, and it has nice interior, so thats fine.

I don't want to completely modernize this ride. I wanna (when i get $) get some 66' or 64' rims. My dad alwys wanted a black w/white stripe job. So, i feel i owe it to him. I don't wanna steal his dreams for that car.

I could try and get pics in a couple of months. Its not easy to go to Costco, get 'em developed, and pick 'em up.

So, any advice? Any places to get classic parts from the factory? Like i said, i wanna keep it original.

Thanks, Vince.

P.S-Is their a mustang owners group? If so, any banners?

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
yeah restoring old cars is a money hog, hope you get a good job to pay for it all. try www.californiafords.com, it's mostly northern cali but it's all good. also www.thecorral.net (if it's working) is a good place. www.fordmuscle.com is a kick ass site with tons of tech info.

my uncle has a '65 coupe, calls it "Baby"

welcome to Ford thumup:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, We have a digital camcorder, and it takes pics. ASAP i will get my mom to borrow some space, take couple of pics, and then post them.

We can alwys delete them after i save them to my cumputer.

But i don't know how to host. I can only ask my mom to gt them ON the computer. After that i'm lost. If anyone will host them, ill post them ASA i get pics.

Thanks, I'll take a look at those sites. I'm stil a little tired. Went to bed at 1, and i woke up at 8, so i should be fully rested, but im tired as hell.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
very nice. i wish my friend who has the 67 fastbacks just sitting around would give/sell me one... restoring is a killer on ure wallet, but its worth it in the end. least u won't have to redo the interior or do much engine wise...

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ibreeves, trust me i don't blame your friend for not selling it. I wouldnt sell her for a million dollars. thats the truth. If i knew, the person wouldnt lemme buy it back, i wouldnt sell her.

Anyhow, Its a 5,000$ engine. Edelbrock Smallblock i believe.

Somewhat nice interior. I'll have 2 get pics. Shes rusted though, but id ream of what i could to do her...

I just need to clean her up, and touch up a few things. Oh, my dad is giving me an Alpine Stereo for christmas along with other stuff non-car related, but the way the mustang is, it has an automatic tranny. I think its converted, but may have been bought that way...

My dad couldnt find the time, but i WILL TRY. I just need to get settled down with paintballin, then i'll have money, and time for my girl. Shes loud as a mofo. Maybe i could get a video of her, in the desert somewhere...

My Stang doesnt have tags, and i wont drive for a couple years, so she won't see streets(legally) as often as i'd like for her to get her excersice.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe, if its not too much of a hassle, ill have pics up in a couple days, while im off school. Where can you host videos for free?

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
my friend used to have a 68 gt, was a great car. Just make sure you keep it as original as you can.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
for a few hundred i'm sure that guy would sell me one. like i say, he'll never get around to restoring them. oooo my time to tell my sweetness mustang story. one time my mom and i went to this dudes house to look at buying a toyota pickup truck. we got there and i was thinkin F the toyota! i want a mustang! this dude had a shed, 2 cars deep and 4 across, totally full of cars. and every one of them was a mustang except one(the other was a vintage f-100 twin I beam truck, very very nice). of these mustangs, all but 3 i think it was were 67 fastbacks. and all but 1 or two of which were basicly totally restored. of the non 67's, one was a 96 cobra(black), and the others were late 80's GT's. one of the 67's was burnt orange and black w/ a 427. i was droooling. aside from that, he also had a sweet f-350 crew cab, a late 80's F-150, couple of other daily drivers, and he had in his garage under teardown and restoration, a 65 convertible stang. lucky bastard...

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no, by girl i meant mustang. And i plan on keeping it original, its a classic.

the only thing wont be original is my STEREO fools. I still gotta TAKE pics. I can do it quickly i guess.... Breeves thats a great story.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Unique Performance will pay good money for fastback bodies.

As for the mustang in this thread definately sounds like you have a lot of money to be dumped into it. Good luck

I just finished my 66 to where I like it.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol, not too much money, B/c i got money for my paintball stuff. Damn, why does everyone assume i got money?

I XCANX get money when the time comes, but i'm broke right about now.

I just need a couple thousand dollars...j/k.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Geeze, I could have has a 68 GT for $2,500 or a 1970 Chevelle SS (no motor or trans) for $1,500. I'm really kicking myself now, especially hearing about your guys stangs. I love my '03 cobra, but there is just something about those pre-1975 cars that really gives them character. O well, the '32 is almost done, I'll see how long my uncle will let me drive that before I have to get something old of my own....then again that '73 Lincoln Mark is in the yard garage not doing anything.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
you guys are making me sick. my dad is one of these over conservative bastards who also sees no point in anything that goes even remotely fast. thus we have a 4 banger camry and my puny 3.0 ranger. and then that asshole will sit around and talk about all the nice muscle cars that people that he knows had back in the 70's. omg it pisses me off! i would kill to have even an 03 cobra. much less a classic camaro or chevelle. like the one my neighbor has...68 chevelle SS. white w/ burgandy interior. 66,000 miles, origional owner, only things not origional on it are belts and hoses.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts