Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I was welding the holes in the engine bay on my mustang and i looked at the spark, basically burned my corneas. hurts a lill now, but last night about 2 i woke up and my eyes were burning like i got maced and i had to go to the er. now im on vicodin and wearing sunglasses in a dark room =( sux 4 me. and here i thought i would just see spots for awhile...

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
9supernoob9 said:
Didnt u learn anthin in shop class
what shop class? I was learnin as i go :p
they said it oculd be a few days til they're all better

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
hah, flash burn, i get it all the time, nothing really you can do but wait it out. it sux doesn't it, feels like ur eyes are full of sand..

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
remember kids:

while welding you need to do one of two things:
1. wear welding mask
2. close eyes.

sucks man. i'm still in pain from the teeth pulling.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
my cousin did that one time while i was over at his house...i laughed at him at first but then i noticed that it was really bad because he just sat down with his hands over his eyes makin a groaning noise...he wasnt wearin a mask or anything and he accidentally turned and looked at where he was welding

took his eyes 2 weeks to get better

that has to suck

·
Registered
364 Posts
eh, I haven't done that yet...

I usually wear a mask, but for quick spot welds I just turn my head. My dad told me he welded his finger that way, looked away and he moved the torch and burned his thumb.

sucker:D

O

·
0 Posts
Sucks man.

When my dad's worked at Long Beach Naval Shipyard something like that happened to his buddy. Somoene was all Watch the arch (sp)! Which meant watch out but since the guy was new he looked at the huge welding machine or something. Blisters grew over his eyes, he was blind for a few weeks and messed up for a few months.

Consider yourself lucky dude.

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
olddfatbulldog said:
Sucks man.

When my dad's worked at Long Beach Naval Shipyard something like that happened to his buddy. Somoene was all Watch the arch (sp)! Which meant watch out but since the guy was new he looked at the huge welding machine or something. Blisters grew over his eyes, he was blind for a few weeks and messed up for a few months.

Consider yourself lucky dude.
lol I'm not that bad. actually I'm pretty much 100% now, so it's all good.

·
Registered
234 Posts
ooh at least its not as bad as it can be...

hope u get better

1 - 14 of 14 Posts