Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050404/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/medal_of_honor

"During a stretch of 15 minutes or longer, Smith fired more than 300 rounds as Pvt. Michael Seaman, protected inside the M113, passed him ammunition.

Then he was struck by enemy fire and mortally wounded. At almost the same time, 1st Sgt. Timothy Campbell ended the threat from the tower with a grenade, and the surviving Iraqis withdrew. Medics tried to save Smith, and he died about 30 minutes later. "

This is only the 3rd one since Vietnam ended. I'm glad he was such a brave man to go like that. He definatly deserves this. My heart goes out to his friends and family...

·
He gon' get it!
2,799 Posts
I remember hearing about that story. It's strange because I thought to myself, "wow, they should give him the Medal Of Honor..what that guy did is amazing."

That man is a true hero in my eyes.

·
Registered
216 Posts
true he is a hero and what a hell of a way to go out protecting his fellow soldiers

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
i know a man that got a medal of honor. he was my grandfathers best friend. he did something durring WWII w/ my grand father that earned him it. It was something w/ D-day. i wish i could ask my grandfather, but he has passed. He earned 2 purple hearts himself

But it's amazing what people will do to protect their rights and freedom.

·
Registered
164 Posts
my great uncle was in the first wave of d-day and later the battle of the bulge, i never asked about his medals because i didnt want to bring back memories he was the only one in his platoon to survive the battle of the bulge...he also saw his best friend get blown to many pieces so i never asked, oh did i mention he got PTSD too?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts