Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive recently developed panic disorder. i cant go a day without a panic attack and its starting to take over my social life

anyone else have any psycological related disorders/diseases/conditions?

eh klonapins ftw..

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
im not trying to sound like a dick by asking this, and if u dont wanna answer this than id understand that too. but i was just wondering how u "recently developed" (as u put it) and panic disorder? was it like brought on by something?

i think that i have mild OCD, which i know alot of people do, cuz i know my friend had it and i do some of th things he did. if i touch something that feels weird with my left hand, i have to touch it with my right. and i pull my cuticles back in the same order cuz it feels like they itch, and if i dont do it in that order itll drive me crazy.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I don't know if this is a mental disorder,but in 6th grade I got the weirdest phobias. Like I couldn't even go on an elevator or escaltor,and I would wake up everynight and couldn't sleep. I went to Physcologist (SP?) and he helped me get over everything,and I'm fine now.

Have you seen a doctor about your panic attacks? If you haven't you should really go see one.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I started getting panic attacks outta no where. Went to a psyciatrist.. Got Prozac, but it takes 4-6 weeks to kick in. So im on Klonapins till it starts working cause theyre quicker working and for more short term

Just took .5mg and im happy as hell. those things are strong

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
mspainter said:
He doesn't yet.
Read his post again. He said he's on it, it just hasn't taken effect yet.

And I say again, Prozac is awful, don't take it. It basically numbs you mentally, so you're not anxious or depressed, but you're not really ever happy or excited either. At least that's how I felt when I was on it. Perhaps that's how all anti-depressants work, I don't know.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DarkTamer said:
Read his post again. He said he's on it, it just hasn't taken effect yet.

And I say again, Prozac is awful, don't take it. It basically numbs you mentally, so you're not anxious or depressed, but you're not really ever happy or excited either. At least that's how I felt when I was on it. Perhaps that's how all anti-depressants work, I don't know.
All anti-depressants are different. I've felt like **** on Zoloft, and felt fine on Mirtzapine (Remeron). Prozac might not work for me either, but thats what sucks about SSRI antidepressants.. trial and error

Those klonapins really hit the spot though. Theyre so potent, .50mg does alot

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ellis said:
I have AD...
Is that Anxiety Disorder? If so how do you cope?

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
I'm waiting for some asshole to come in here and tell you that it's just all in your mind and "to stop being a ***** and get over it."

I haven't been in a good arguement/flamefest in awhile.

Hope you get better. One of my good friends had clinical depression, and it was horrible.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Number One N00b said:
I'm waiting for some asshole to come in here and tell you that it's just all in your mind and "to stop being a ***** and get over it."

Hope you get better. One of my good friends had clinical depression, and it was horrible.
Thanks. I had depression a while back, its a mental torture alot of the time. I ended up overdosing on Xanax(Alprazolam/Benzodiazpine) sometime around Feburary. Im alot better now, its just coping with anxiety/panic.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Drink water. Water cures everything.

Drink water, get enough sleep, do something productive, forget about your troubles.

Emotional/mental trauma is a crutch.

·
<a href="http://www.picoo
3,251 Posts
Meh, I have OCD, nobody can touch my hands or I freak out, and I can't touch anyone's hands either.

I don't care though, plus also I hate food/grease on my hand.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Number One N00b said:

By definition it is all in his mind...

To the OP, I work for a non profit panic relief organization, PM me if you want info.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts