Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is one of the only games I'm actually anxious about. I've played all the Metroid games that've been released... and still think Super Metroid is the best platform game created. Prime had a different twist, but it was fantastic. It was a FPS, but felt more like a platformer. I can't wait for prime 2... anybody else looking forward to it?

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
metroid: prime was an incredible game. everything from the first person perspective, to the bad guys, to the landscape, to the bosses. everything about that game was well thought out and was a great game.

i am extremely anxious about metroid prime: echoes and cannot wait for it to come out and simply continue on the great path that metroid: prime created

·
don't drop the soap
3,896 Posts
The new one is going to be soooo good. Hopefully I actually get a chance to play it.

I loved the old one. So challenging and the graphics were awsome. I loved the bosses, ridley was pretty tough. More complex boxes in an fps than you usually find.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
this one is gonna have multiplayer mode, but i wouldnt think its gonna be all that good. I cant fricken wait, but im out of money even when it comes out, so i might just have to rent it a few times. the only bad thing about the game,- but it gives it a different view- you have to scan everything to "win" with the best ending

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scanning only pissed me off in Prime because I beat the game with 98%. I missed a few of the enemies you only run into once. Made me so mad... ugh. Went 100% on Hard mode with the strat guide though thumup: Made it easier, but still hard. Such a beautiful game.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
i know, its so peaceful like in the snow levels, when the soft snow is coming down with the peacful music... ahhh. i think i might rent it again to play it. ive only beaten it once though on normal and i got 80 percent cause i didnt know you had to scan things to get good endings heh... but on hard mode i got to the PHazon mines and just stopped cause it had to send it back to blockbuster

·
Registered
303 Posts
I wanna play it, but poor me doesnt have an x-box/ps2/gamecube. My cousin has a GC and ill jus thave to play it at his house.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
it had horrible timing, it should have came out 2 weeks earlier or later in the year because the release of halo 2 is really going to hurt the sales. if it came out a little later or befor halo 2 and GTA, it would be fine, but frankly it cant hang with those guys in sales. other then that the game is gonna be raw as hell

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
yea but since its solely gamecube, i dont think sales will be affected. metroid is a legacy for more than 10 years counting. whoever likes metroid WILL buy this game regardless of halo 2 and gta, ya know?

at least personally i will buy this game, i love the metroid series and if its anything near metroid prime then that means it is sex

·
© 2006
1,831 Posts
Iv always been a fan of metroid, super metroid was great, and so was prime. I cant wait to see Echoes, it should be awesome. I found Prime to be really nicely made, the environments were done very well, in a very nice, almost artistic way. And the ambience of the entire game was awesome. God damn i love metroid...
I am however annoyed at how it is getting very little attention, being pushed aside by half life 2, halo 2, GTA... Oh but people, it will kick ass, it will indeed kick ass thumup: I really want to check out the multiplayer too :)

·
i play for keeps
7,001 Posts
damn the elite pirate in hardmode kicked my ass like 100 times before i killed him. what i loved about prime was the depth it had. the chozo ruin stories and the pirate logs just enveloped me in the story of both races. EVERYTHING about that game was great.

i hope echoes has the same level of depth

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Prime was fantastic. It had enough story to keep it interesting, and the gameplay was so crisp. The graphics were beautiful too... most games lack the combo of these... It seems a lot of games latley have been beautiful, but the gameplay or story sucked.

Anyways, got Prime 2 today... haven't played much though...too much school. Tried out the multiplayer for about 30 minutes... suprisingly it's not as horrible as I thought... Not great, but not bad.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
dhill0413 said:
yea but since its solely gamecube, i dont think sales will be affected. metroid is a legacy for more than 10 years counting. whoever likes metroid WILL buy this game regardless of halo 2 and gta, ya know?

at least personally i will buy this game, i love the metroid series and if its anything near metroid prime then that means it is sex

thats very true, but most people i know w/ a gamecube has an xbox or ps2. i have a gamecube and im waiting till xmas for this one cuz halo 2 just outclasses it, i mean halo 2 has an EXTREMELY polished multiplayer, from what i hear echos multi player blows. most people i know w/ a cube are gonna wait to get prime cuz of other releases that came first. ooo, and HL2 came out today, which totally rapes the market (since everyone has a comp)

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's awesome. It's harder than the first for sure. They don't guide you along as much as they did before. If you're in the TOTALLY wrong place, they'll tell you where to go, but otherwise you're on your own. And the dark world is a *****... It's fun though... and pretty... real pretty.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts