Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Heart.
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have this argument going at school with a couple kids. Apparently they are hardcore Reggie Miller fans and they firmly believe that Reggie Miller in his prime can beat Michael Jordan in his prime. I think this is a load of bull****. Does anyone else think so? They think they are right and I just wanted some other opinions..If you think MJ is better give me some reasons.

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
Reggie Miller, even in his prime, hasn't been much else than a shooter. Reggie Miller has never taken a team of mediocre "nobodies" to a championship, unlike Michael Jordan, who rarely had significant support.

There's a big difference between an offensive player and a shooter. MJ is an offensive player, meaning he can create his own shots, get is own looks, and pretty much be the offense for a team. Reggie Miller is (and was) dependent on his teammates finding him for open looks, and to get open enough to have a look.

Reggie Miller beating Michael Jordan in both their primes? Maybe at a game of horse. Tell the die-hard-pacer morons that they are stupid, and never speak to them again.

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts
Michael Jordan partnered with Phil Jackson turned a group of egotistical talent into a selfless champion team.

Michael Jordan is an artist on the court, he would be able to see things that no one else would be able to see, he has amazing court vision and know what's going to happen when it's going to happen.

Theres a reason why Jordan is a legend, just pop in a tape of the champion games in 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, or 98

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
Every single aspect of Michael Jordan's game is better than Reggie Millers at any point of any of their careers. If you really wanted to find a player to compare to MJ I can think of around 50 players off the top of my head that can do a better job of Reggie Miller.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Jordan was better. He had a better team around him, but he was still a better individual player.

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts
well they weren't better because he was there, they were actually worse when he was around, if you read "sacred hoops" by phil jackson, phil talks about stressing out about having Jordan on the court. His teammates put him on a pedestal and problems with playing defense against him during practice because they didn't want to seem inferior.

But Jordan was the team captain and he has a great attitude, never gets upset, never throws a fit, and he's a very coachable player that can take criticism. He worked with younger players one on one especially when he returned after his switch to the White Sox. Not many players can leave the sport to do something completely different and then return to the game and score 40 points.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Reggie Miller, even in his prime, hasn't been much else than a shooter. Reggie Miller has never taken a team of mediocre "nobodies" to a championship, unlike Michael Jordan, who rarely had significant support.
kerr, pippen, and rodman were hardly significant support, but I see what you're saying. thumup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts