Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
I share your sentiments. Been my primary OS for over a year now, and there are no signs of going back. I'm even thinking of ditching windows all together very soon.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wes Himself said:
I also concur. Who the **** is the fifth of november?

I actually reformatted my computer. It took me 5 minutes to move any looase files from c/programfiles/limewire or bittorrent into my external 250GB.

No more ****ing windows. Screw you bill gates, eat my ranchy ****** thumup:

I just figured out how to use Synaptec... I'm loving the whole thing

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You really can't go wrong...

Gaming is a slight problem. When I get a laptop, I'm going to run that completely on linux, and I'm going to partition my desktop off for windows xp. That way I can still game.

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Give me a minute to look up my imageshack activation link

EDIT: Actually I forgot how to take a screenshot... I'll look it up in a minute, I'm playing with gimp

·
12,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah... Instead of a program installing libraries every time, and cluttering up your computer (like on windows), Linux shares libraries between programs so its more seamless. Plus, if you uninstall one thing, it won't leave something behind that will clog up your pc.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
So... it kinda looks like just a different windows skin. Still icons, still a start menu, still system tray, still bars at the bottom...

why use it? I really would like to dabble in other OS's but why go through the hassle if it can't game. I don't really ever crash unless I do something stupid, with the random exceptions of course, and it does everything i want.

what does linux offer me?

·
Big Props to L. Ron
1,130 Posts
windows Vista > *

ok just playing but windows is much better than mac os
i understand the positives from linux and have always wanted a computer that has linux on it soo good for you for switching

1 - 20 of 35 Posts