1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
to lazy to change avatar
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
i dont see much of a difference between that and the newer ipods? with good advertising/marketing and price by microsoft maybe the zune can compete with ipods but it seems doubtful to me.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Actually doesn't look too bad, but since I'm not into video players the large screen kind of turns me off. Of both the nano still looks the best to me.

That being said...I don't think I'd buy either. Until one of them throws in ogg support they are dead to me.

·
12,110 Posts
Zune is going to be better then ipods. Bigger screen, probably better quality materials, none of the apple bs (like not being able to take songs from mp3 player to computer, only being able to keep one mp3 player per computer).

Plus it has wifi.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Yeah but I'm not sure what's worse....Apple BS or Microsoft BS....

Besides...I'd almost be willing to bet that the Zune will have something similar and that you will only be able to use it on one computer. I don't think it has anything to do with it being Apple, but rather proprietary in general.

·
12,110 Posts
Microsoft is actually a normal , money hungry company like all others. Apple treats everything like they TRY to act differently. The whole less is more bull****. It really isnt.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Apple doesnt really have a choice in them allowing you to pull songs off of the iPod. They added a new feature in 7 that is supposed to allow you to pull off prucahsed music if your account is authorized on that compter, but they can't allow everything else to be pulled off because that would make "pirating" music that much easier.

And what do you mean by "keeping one MP3 player per computer"? You can have more than one iPod and manage them with the same comp...

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
TonyD said:
Actually doesn't look too bad, but since I'm not into video players the large screen kind of turns me off. Of both the nano still looks the best to me.

That being said...I don't think I'd buy either. Until one of them throws in ogg support they are dead to me.
100% with you on this.

And the apple bull**** is worse, b/c the apple faithful believe it all, but with microsoft we all expect failure.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
hmm... do you think it's possible for any mp3 player to identify pirated music? b/c i want an mp3 player, but i'm not payin a dollar per song.

·
startx: command not found
3,991 Posts
typically, when i use my mp3 player, i'm doing some type of physical activity such as running or lifting. and often times when i'm doing either i don't think to myself "hey! let's watch a music video." also, how the hell could anybody stand to watch an episode of Law and Order on such a tiny ass screen? I once tried to watch 16 Blocks on my psp and ended up stopping the flick 2 minutes into it and started playing madden 06 on it instead.

I guess the whole portable video player thing never caught on for me. Maybe next month.

·
12,110 Posts
sick_dawg said:
Apple doesnt really have a choice in them allowing you to pull songs off of the iPod. They added a new feature in 7 that is supposed to allow you to pull off prucahsed music if your account is authorized on that compter, but they can't allow everything else to be pulled off because that would make "pirating" music that much easier.

And what do you mean by "keeping one MP3 player per computer"? You can have more than one iPod and manage them with the same comp...
Let's say I want to take my ipod and want add my brother's music collection from his computer to it. I'd have to transfer the songs as data to my computer.

EDIT: To watch things on small screens, you have to first get rid of your preconcieved notions that small=bad. Its great to be able to catch up on LOST or whatever movies I may have gotten from bit torrents whenever I'm on the commute. They're great for public transportation. I mean don't get me wrong, its amusing to watch homeless people piss on the train, but I'd rather watch a giant smoke cloud beat the **** out of a guy named for an Enlightenment thinker on LOST.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Alpha said:
Let's say I want to take my ipod and want add my brother's music collection from his computer to it. I'd have to transfer the songs as data to my computer.
Oh, IDK anything about that. I have put music on mine from both of my comps(mac and PC), and from a friends comp without any problems.

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
I actually might get one... I've been wanting a new MP3 after my Ipod Froze up and my Insurance ran out... So I think I might actually get one...

Soon after I pick up my Wii of course :)

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Alpha said:
meh i would just share it on the network and then add it to the ipod

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
After all this time I can't belive these companies can't come up with an all in one device:

Phone
MP3 Player
Portable TV (VHF/UHF)
AM/FM Radio
Video Player
Gaming handheld
Wireless Internet access
Palm Pilot/Mini-computer
Good quality Camera/Video Camera
GPS navigation
LED Flashlight
WiFi
Bluetooth
Removable Memory
ect.

If someone can do all that in a pocket-able size device they would make a killing off them. No one wants to have to carry around all those things seperately. I think the technology is here, no one seems to notice though. :(

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
doomsday said:
After all this time I can't belive these companies can't come up with an all in one device:

Phone
MP3 Player
Portable TV (VHF/UHF)
AM/FM Radio
Video Player
Gaming handheld
Wireless Internet access
Palm Pilot/Mini-computer
Good quality Camera/Video Camera
GPS navigation
LED Flashlight
WiFi
Bluetooth
Removable Memory
ect.

If someone can do all that in a pocket-able size device they would make a killing off them. No one wants to have to carry around all those things seperately. I think the technology is here, no one seems to notice though. :(
I saw a commercial for that... Its the one where everyone asks the guy if hes sure he has everything... im not sure if its a camera / flashlight but I know it has the rest of that stuff.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts