Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I applied at Taco Bell last Tuesday. They had me fill out one of those employee survey/tests while I was there also. So I was pretty happy cuz I might finally be able to get a job and raise some extra cash before I move.

They tell me to call the next day around 230, so I call, and they said it isn't graded yet, and to call back the next day around 330. I call back at 330 the next day and it still isn't graded, and to call back at 730. Call at 730 and they tell me to call back the next day around 1.

This kept going on for a week, and I figured they weren't going to hire me, so I apply for busboy/dishcleaner/host at Red Lobster yesterday.

I got a call back today and scheduled an interview for this upcoming Tuesday, so I'm stoked. Not only did I get an interview, but It's not at some stupid fast food restaurant, it's at a nice place.

All in all- Screw Taco Bell's management. Their food is good, but screw them.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Alpha said:
These are some of the lowest jobs in society... I know, I've been there.
true, but he has to start somewhere. It is difficult for some people to get a job, especially since He doesn't have a diploma(if I am remembering correctly)

Congrats tho. It will prolly be a pain, but at least you will be bringing in some money now.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah im only 17 and not in school, just looking for any job right now thatll raise some cash to aid in my moving to washington.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Ya,I saw your bulletin about it on myspace.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Very true. I started working part time at my current job when i was 13. It was great, because I always had more money than most of my friends, but it also took up a lot of time and such.

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
ComradeMolyneux said:
Ever try being a farmer?
i have...me living in Ky its hard to escape helping one of the farmers or grandpas when i need a lil extra moolah...and its usually nothing too bad...but im used to it i guess.

but as far as regular paying jobs... Grocery Stores FTW...has to be the easiest job you can have as a kid...and the funnest expecially for baggers...currently im pretty much a free agent at the grocery store i work at right now...i come in and do what they tell me to or what they need me to do...its all easy...

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
xWesXHimselfx said:
currently im pretty much a free agent at the grocery store i work at right now...i come in and do what they tell me to or what they need me to do.
thats what we call the "corporate *****"

free agent :rolleyes:

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
flowbob said:
thats what we call the "corporate *****"

free agent :rolleyes:
Flowbob you wanna roll?

atleast I have a job...and im younger than you by a year.
:p

Corporate ***** lol...like im the only one there who hasnt been employee of the month(and out of the people my age who work there ive been working there the longest)...prolly cuz the mass ammount of slacking off...

·
12,110 Posts
jhick40 said:
i was thinking of growing some here, parents changed jobs and don't have time to do tomatoes, i thought it would be cool to have some peppers for my recipes. is cincy a suitable climate?
Get yourself a 5 gallon bucket and fill it with soil.. Make punch some holes and put a bathtowel down on it for drainage.

Comrade, ever try being a ref at Boston Paintball?

While I respect the difference between physically and mentally difficult work, they're still both difficult. At the end of the day, a poor attitude caused by stress can be just as bad, if not worse then a sore back.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
xWesXHimselfx said:
::insert Flame here::

dont make me cast Bowser crush...cuz i can hit y pretty fast and make it do double the damage...(throwin it back to the super mario RPG. sorry )
never played it, unfortunately

1 - 20 of 33 Posts