Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was wondering if i could get some advice on what i should put on my 95 mitsubishi eclipse GS? i plan on making this a show car but not really sure! 0?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice i will start on that first

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Actually, on any car that is usually the best thing to start with (better brakes). You don't want to start increasing performance too much until you know you can control it.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
lol. if u can afford it i'd go for rims and tires along w/ brakes at the same time. next hit on a body kit and nice paintjob. i recommend having it all wet sanded by someone that knows that they are doing after its painted and clearcoated. then move on to interior.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Exhuast, Intake, Header, maybe some spray if you want to go faster, a good bodykit, rims, lower it some, probably lower enough. There you go. A bodykit goes against all my beliefs on sport conpacts vs. ricers, but you won't be terribly fast with a neon engine, none the less, in a heavy-a** eclipse. It'll look good and have some go to it, but don't expect to womp stangs and camaros if that's what you're looking for. If that's what you wanted to do, start out with a GS-t or GSX and go from there. If you are serious about engine mods for the car, check out dsmtuners.com and go to to tuning guide and check out the upgrade path they have for the 420A, but I doubt you will want much performance if it is strickly a show car.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
why would you make a show car out of that?? why not show a car worth something?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
thepunkdrummer said:
Exhuast, Intake, Header, maybe some spray if you want to go faster, a good bodykit, rims, lower it some, probably lower enough. There you go. A bodykit goes against all my beliefs on sport conpacts vs. ricers, but you won't be terribly fast with a neon engine, none the less, in a heavy-a** eclipse. It'll look good and have some go to it, but don't expect to womp stangs and camaros if that's what you're looking for. If that's what you wanted to do, start out with a GS-t or GSX and go from there. If you are serious about engine mods for the car, check out dsmtuners.com and go to to tuning guide and check out the upgrade path they have for the 420A, but I doubt you will want much performance if it is strickly a show car.
Thats not a show car though. Thats an "I park my car the the mall and turn the neon lights on on friday nights because i think my car looks cool" A consists of extensive body work, a custom interior, an engine that has been completley torn down and rebuilt with performace parts, and a lot of friggin money. A bodykit and rims means nothing anymore. Even if you put a nitrous oxide system in a four banger eclipse, my v6 grand am would still give it a good run.

·
6,721 Posts
yeah i laugh when nitrous kits advertise "75 HORSEPOWER!!!!!1" extra. those engines have to be specifically built to handle anything more, my car could take 150 no prob.

but on topic, what the other guys said. a real show car is DIFFERENT, not like every other kid's car out there. I ditto what m98 said

·
Registered
421 Posts
zypro, i dont know why you have to dog on other peolples stuff all the time. Id love to take your ugly ass car and rape the living crap out of it with my srt

·
Registered
967 Posts
countryaccent said:
zypro, i dont know why you have to dog on other peolples stuff all the time. Id love to take your ugly ass car and rape the living crap out of it with my srt
chill dude

of course you can take his car with an srt but he does have a point about false advertising nitrous

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for all the advice everyone i have just bought me some interior stuff some i am going to get to work i will post some pics of the car in a couple of days or so...

·
Registered
833 Posts
Take it from me fellas... i owned and tuned a 96 eclipse.

If you want a show car just make the thing flahsy but not too much.

Kepp it simple and well flowing design.

The stock internals on the Elcipse's 420A (which is in a RS and GS model) will handle a 75 shot but no more. Safe is to stay at 50.
If you want performance go with a header, cat back eaxhaust. Intake make sure its a Cold Air Intake and not a kncok off hot air, you will see more top and mid range improvements witha CAI. Also your igniton will not need to be altered or upgraded untill you apply boost. Just change out your plugs to some NGKs and go to some 8mm wires for a little less resistance.
Suspension, look for some good Strut braces to help your lowered stance.

Need any more quesiton hit me a pm

·
6,721 Posts
countryaccent said:
ok, let me put $30,000 into my car and you'll see it pop the front wheels off the ground and run 9's :rolleyes: my car is 15 years old, yours is maybe 2. I have an old pushrod V8, you have a turbo OHC 4banger. yeah, yours is faster, it's still a neon :rofl and you have at least 28 grand more in it, and that's just buying the thing. like I said, put as much money into my car and it's absolutely no comparison.

my car may be ugly, but at least it isn't a chick car wave:

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
zpyro said:
my car may be ugly, but at least it isn't a chick car wave:

Hey my car is a chick car.....kinda.... but then again I run a sub 5 second 0-60 and a mid-12 second 1/4 mile which is faster then all my friends with only a few $100's put into my car so I don't really care. ;)

·
6,721 Posts
what, your mustang??? :sly: no, a cobra is not a chick car, a V6 stang is

·
Registered
833 Posts
Actually Zpyro's car is a piece...just cuz it has a v-8 dont mean crap.

I visited Intense performance this weekend out in columbus Ohio and they are pulling 1.54 60' and a 10.3 1/4 mile with car and all the parts it only cost them a bit over $20K

So yeah it may be expensive to do but whats sad is the fact you V-8 guys cant bare the thought of actually losing a race to a V6 or a 4 cylinder...big motor big head.....

The Dodge Neon just caem into the sub 9 second 1/4 mile times, and this is a full streetable neon.

Sure you could punk out and build a 9 second v-8...get some respect at the track or street or wherever, but I find you will get more respect from tuning a 4 cyclinder or V-6 into the sub 10-11 second 1/4 times..

1 - 20 of 44 Posts