Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought me 2 12" alpine type r subwoofers, a q-logic ported box, and a 1700 watt kenwood mono amp.. i'm gonna be buying a capacitor and a 0/1 guage wiring kit soon also... pics to come... i love these subs though, they were well worth the money i spent on them, and they hit hard...

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, the subs sound great! i'll have access to a cam on monday, so i'll try to get em up then... they had to backorder my amp because they were out of them, but i have a backup hooked up right now... and gamergc, what's the rms and peak power handling of your subs?? that helps in choosing n amp..

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
gamer what kind of subs.......kinda helpful info......get us specs and we can help you.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
im not familiar with ballistics subs so honetly i couldnt begin to tell you......maybe take some pics of them and see if anyone else knows.......but since i havent ever heard of them i might consider going with something name brand when u buy a new amp. You figure when ur amp is gonna cost u a couple hundred anyways, an extra 120 for good quality might be worth it.....i personally love kicker subs....

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah.. you might also want to try looking on or around the magnet of the subs... a lot of times it has it printed back there what the power handling of the subs are.. otherwise i'd say go for something like an 800 or 1000 watt amp since there arent too many 12's under a 3-400 watt peak

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
personally id go 600-800.......even though the peak may be 400-500 the rms is more important.......if subs are run at peak power all the time they wear faster and are more likely to blow.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
well.....unfortunantly a little rattle is unavoidable in my car (66 mustang), but yes dynamat is awesome stuff. When i get the money im going to pay to have the whole trunk done up with mdf for a true "custom" look(ie false floor, side panels etc)....im thinking about having everything in my trunk done up with black vinyl to match the interior.....what do you guys think??? Worth the 500-600 dollars?

edit: btw a new custom box would be included in that price....

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
just dont expect the car to be a race car, that dynamat adds weight quick

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i know it's been a while but hey! i got a digital cam for x-mas and so here i go!

Pics:

my craptastic head unit and such.. yeah that thing cost me a whole 60$, and yeah.. i still have it... lol

The system itself, yes i know my one sub is crooked... it's like that for a reason (all my friends have it that way.. it's just a funny thing. Price: subs 210 apiece, Box:160

My amp. the flash was a little bright, it's a kenwood kac-9102D 1700 watt mono amplifier, price: 300

amp turned on, little red light on the left:

·
PbF Supporter
4,738 Posts
The right sub looks a little cocked to the left...

Other then that, I was looking into these subs too, but I lost my job that could pay the $400 for a pair, so that kinda went in the wind.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts