Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today, i decided to look my jeep over and check things out... i rotated my tires, and checked tire pressure, brakes, etc. etc... well i got to the spark plugs, and it was definitely not very pretty... the first one i pulled out the electrode was almost completely worn down, and the plug had a .45 gap.. it's supposed to be at .35 or less... the second one we pulled out had a nice coat of engine oil on it.. not what i wanted to find out... a shot piston ring... the third one we pulled out, the metal prong tip was about ready to break off and fall onto the piston head (if that would happen it would either put a hole in the piston head or burn up right away..) and the fourth plug we pulled out was gapped at .50.... interesting night.. so i went to advance auto parts, and got me some bosch platinum 2 plugs, and they work beautifully, no more engine lag, and it runs a lot nicer, and hopefully it'll help my gas mileage out a bit... i'll have to take er apart soon to replace that piston ring... not gonna be a fun project seeing as i need that thing almost every day to drive to school or work or wherever... but i'll try to get some pics and stuff when we do that...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts