Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
don't drop the soap
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry, feel free to prove me wrong, but I just can't see the difference between any of them. It really just seems to be cosmetic things, and maybe the ways the item systems are played out. But really every single one I see played, wether it be EQ, coh, or WoW, are all basically the same. You have the towns where everyone meets in the safe zone, then you have the constructing a party phase, then you go into one of the many different 'zones'.

The classes are the same in each game, you have your 'tank', your 'healers/debuffers', your 'ranged blasting' type of guys, your 'enchanters/mezzers', and everything in between. It's seriously the same in each game.

Then battle takes place the same way. You find a group of guys and 'pull' one off, which seems retarted in the first place that you can get just one out of a huge group and the rest don't follow... but anyway, you spend forever taking on the one guy, rinse and repeat. You always have your 'tank' take the 'agro' while the enchanters mez the guys and your healers heal and your ranged guys blast away. There's no freaking difference in these games!

Seriously though what is it that sets one mmorpg from the others, other than appearnce (heroes, future, medieval, etc.)?

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
yeah most of them are pretty much the same thing with different eye candy to lure you into buying them. I personally have not yet played an mmorpg or seen one that made me say think "wow", but maybe its just not my kind of genre.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
i played the world of warcraft beta.. it was alot of fun and i wish i could play it more often.. i also played the planetside beta which was sick. basically in planetside you choose 1 of 3 forces, and you get 'credits' for killing people and wth the credits you can unlock abilities. i mean like the ability to pilot a certain ship, or weild a gun. i like the balance because its your own skill that makes a difference.. and it was just fun going in a dropship and landing inside a base with like 50 other guys running around blowins **** up.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Play Planetside than play WoW or something else, planetside really stands out, so much fun

·
Registered
44 Posts
I used to play Lineage 2. Then it got gay with farmers and pkers.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Actually, your right.

However.....guild wars, which is going to be released on the 28th is promising to be different.

Free Online Play, and they tried to make it different from the common rpgs, google it to find out more.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I used to play Earth and Beyond, and which of all the Xbox, PS2, computer games I have played, it was by far the best game I have ever played. It got me hooked hardcore on it and I put like 500 hours into my different characters.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Raiden said:
Actually, your right.

However.....guild wars, which is going to be released on the 28th is promising to be different.

Free Online Play, and they tried to make it different from the common rpgs, google it to find out more.

yeah i played some of it in beta and its really nice i have screenshots i might posts if you want them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Raiden said:
Actually, your right.

Actually I was looking into guild wars. The free online play is only during beta testing. Who knows when they'll start charging fees.

·
Registered
986 Posts
How much will Guild Wars cost? How much will additional chapters cost?

Guild Wars will be priced at a comparable cost to other first-tier PC games. The subsequent chapters of Guild Wars will also be comparably priced in relation to other games.

Will there be a subscription fee for Guild Wars? Are there any other fees, such as for patches or updates?

There will not be a subscription fee of any kind, anywhere in the world and there are no hidden fees. You will not have to pay for the streaming updates that will take place on a regular basis, nor for additional content that we will provide between the chapters of Guild Wars.

right from guildwars.com also raiden i don't feel liek resizing my pictures. find me on AIM, Yahoo, or MSN all unclet745 if you wanna see some screenshots i took.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Guild wars is made from the battle.net guys i do believe. They're re-releasing it for some reason...

They'll just release an expansion every 6 months or so, and many people will always flock to it, thats how they make their money.

darkandlight seems a bit better, but the best idea they have is the one server idea. It'd be..the best

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
128shot said:
Guild wars is made from the battle.net guys i do believe. They're re-releasing it for some reason...

They'll just release an expansion every 6 months or so, and many people will always flock to it, thats how they make their money.

darkandlight seems a bit better, but the best idea they have is the one server idea. It'd be..the best
Actually its arenanet not battle.net, what are you talking about re-releasing?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
this isn't the very first guild wars i was saying.

Just stroll through best buy, you can buy the first one for 10 dollars now..

and thanks for the correction.

·
Registered
44 Posts
A good MMO (not RPG) is Joint Ops. I've heard now though that the game is full of hackers.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts