Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Asus P5RD1-VM motherboard, and the bios for it sets RAID on default for SATA drives. However, I'm not running it in RAID so I have to turn it off, but, the bios doesn't include a feature to turn off raid. I currently have it on an old 40gig IDE drive, but want to swap my OS to my sata drive. Ideas on how to load the raid utility into the bios to turn off raid? I tried a floppy with the files, but I keep getting a "Textsetup.oem" file is corrupted. Could I boot the utilities from my current HDD into it to turn off raid?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Im kind of confused. Your bios sets sata drives to raid, but if you only have 1 sata drive than whats the problem? I only know the basics of raid, as ive never really wanted to set up a raid config with my rig. Can't you just install windows onto the new hard drive, change the boot devices, and then partition your IDE drive?

·
Registered
580 Posts
to set up a raid configuration it must be done manually. Your mobo may see 2 SATA drives as one but unless you configure them as raid they are not. Also why change your OS onto a SATA? I would put my music and such on the SATA as it will red it faster or divide everything into partitions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts