Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to the forum but you will probably see me around here more since I just took over a small paintball field operation. I need help repairing some of my guns though (this is a learning experience for me). I have several Tippmann model 98 rentals and BT-4 rentals that are having problems firing multiple times when I press the trigger once. This ranges anywhere from a gun doing a 3 shot burst type thing, to some guns unloading for about 10-15 seconds on their own. I have noticed that small flakes of ice appear to be flying out of the barrel and the rear bolt handle openning. What could be the problem? Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
The rapid firing could be from a cracked power tube or worn out sears you are going to have to take the markers apart to know for sure. The ice is just from the CO2 rapidly chilling as the marker fires it is normal and nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, one more question: when I lube it all up should I just use my gold cup marker oil on everything? it looks like the previous owner used some type of black grease on the rear bolt. If I need to use grease, what grease should I use?
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i don't need to grease the rear cocking bolt at all? that doesn't seem right, that is the part on the gun that moves the most.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts