Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Compaq TFT5000 for free and got it to work. But I get lines in the display every once in a while and it only works decent on 800*600.

Also it makes this like screeching noise.

Anyone know how to fix this? thumup:

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
^ precisely. you need to do this: right click on your desktop and go to properties and click okn the "settings" tab. from there click the advanced button. under the monitor tab you can adjust your refresh rate. play with it a bit(especially if its not set on optimize). you could be able to get rid of the lines(assuming that problem is not being caused by the possibly failing power supply unit)

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's at 60... lowest it will go. Anything else just ****s up badly.

I've tried both power supplys to.

The other monitor i got that is identical to this one, no screeching but many many many lines.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Then the screeching is probably something to do with the faulty monitor, the lines are probably a software/configeration problem. Are your drivers up to date?

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are no drivers at all.

I think I fixed the lines. They come up every ONCE IN A WHILE but its running perfectly at 1024*768.

It dosen't bother me that the lines show up breifly every once in a while, but the screeching is annoying the piss out of me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts