Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
MODDER!!
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the deal with monster balls? theyre cheap and they work for my budget and gun so why does everyone hate them? when i went paintballing last some kid said, "oh you have monster balls? im not playing with you." then, he gossiped to this other kid there about, "those kids have monster balls." and asked my friend "arent you running monster balls?" he wasnt and when he told the kid he didnt believe him and scoffed away.

·
(b '_')b
858 Posts
Its cause they don't break so when they hit they hurt like hell. That and get a bag look at the balls, they suck.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts

·
(b '_')b
858 Posts
Your doing I don't see the point in shooting monsters because aside from the fact that they hurt, they're not going to be very accurate. Just pay a extra 10~15 for stingers.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
they have an extra thick shell so they will last forever while sitting on the shelf. unfortunatly that means they do not break on people and they are much harder than normal. a lot of places around be that are BYOP fave a side note of "no monsterball" they are being outlawed in a lot of places due to the fact that they hurt more than normal.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Yeah I love taking a hit and having it feel like somebody threw a brick at me. I just don't get why people buy this crappy paint if you are shopping at Wal-Mart for paint there are less crappier options like Visible Impact or Recon that don't cost much more.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
for some reason when i shot one or two for kicks, at like 235fps, they broke fine. maybe 1 out of 25 bounced or lobbed.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You sure they "broke" or did they just kind of split alittle?
When I was using Monster balls, the shells always seemed to split, not really break. When monster balls are dropped from shoulder level, they almost never break. If they do, its always in half.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts