Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating on sving a few bucks over a pipe kit and getting just one aftermaket barrel.

I'm a little confused though as to what bore size to get? What's the most common or the safest to go with??

Thanks

Eric

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flowbob said:
.689 is the safest and most common.

cool deal. i'll be on the lookout for that size than. Do you have anything against stiffi barrels? They seem pretty pimp and have gotten great reviews from what I've read.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
burningcow422 said:
I'd go with a .693 to tell you the truth. Paint to bore match is overrated in open bolt guns.
Yes and no. I mean if you're using like evil ultra, then I'd go ahead and use whatever bore fits it. But if its bad paint like WGP practice paint, I use my .693. Because with bad paint you never know how big the balls could be. With quality stuff they'll all be around the same bore size.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've never needed anything bigger than a .689. Not sure if paint runs smaller in the NW due to humidity or something but I don't think so. When shooting paint in a .694 I could see odd wave like motions on my paint sometimes. Sorta a flatline looking effect. Worr Practice shot fine in a .688. Stuff is hard as heck. Doesn't break in your gun or on anyone you shoot either.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
paintballin34 said:
But for the price of a Stiffi you might as well get a barrel kit!
Yeah I know it would be close. The way I look at it though is if that one stiffi barrel will pretty much do the job for all the paint I use and it's such a more high quality barrel vs a standard barrel kit. Well, then it's easy for me to save 20 bucks and end up with a sweet barrel. The stiffi switch kit would be pimp but not in my budget.

I wouldn't be opposed though down the road getting another barrely like a lucky or something in a bigger bore size I guess?

Out of curiosity after the .689 is the .693 the next most common?

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
I suggest a .691, a happy medium

I have a .688 and have trouble shooting paint sometimes.

And I suggest a CP barrel over a pipe or stiffi.

You could get 2 CP backs and a tip for the price of a stiffi.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
sNoW PIrAnHa said:
Yes and no. I mean if you're using like evil ultra, then I'd go ahead and use whatever bore fits it. But if its bad paint like WGP practice paint, I use my .693. Because with bad paint you never know how big the balls could be. With quality stuff they'll all be around the same bore size.
Qft. I do the same thing. I love my .689 Ul.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts