Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What gun do you guys think I should buy with these qualities in mind-- Let's suppose I want to open-fire on a whole crowd of people, rioters at an abortion rally or hoodlums in the streets tearing up cars and shops in Detroit after the Red wings lost again. I want a gun with maximum everything--speed, reliability, adjustability (as in air pressure), accuracy, everything. I don't want a gun that is going to jam or break paintballs all the time or have any problems whatsoever. Full-auto destruction is what I am talking about, money not an issue. Please help, I am completely new to this sport. Thanks

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
how about you go into more depth about why you want to shoot into a crowd of people. first.
also, how often would this be used? would you be usinga co2 tank or do you have the abillity to fill a high pressure air tank?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I am a policeman in a large city and was looking at ways of crowd control during riots and other disturbances as opposed to rubber bullets and pepper spray, which can be very damaging. The guns wouldn't be used on a day to day basis obviously, but when they were used they would be used a lot probably, I am thinking thousands of rounds in a matter of a few minutes. In addition, with paint all over them, someone couldn't say they weren't part of the riot, whereas pepper spray can drift in the wind and affect innnocent bystanders. I would like large capacity everything, air and PB capacity.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
well you could go out an buy a $1200 paintball marker that is the latest and greatest, but i get the feeling that's not what you're looking for.
I suggest looking into the tippman A5 with the e-trigger. I do not recommend this to a paintball player because it's long, bulky and has a strange, impractical hopper for playing paintball with. However, it's one of the few markers that allow the user to look down barrel sights which is what law enforcement will be used to. Secondly it requires little no no mantience and it includes a hopper with the marker, meaning what you buy is what you need, excluding a co2 tank of course. They do use a single 9v battery that needs replaced on occasion and every few thousand shots they reccomend that you drop some paintball oil in where you screw in the tank and fire 50 or so shots to make sure everything stayed lubed up.

here's a link to the tippman A5
here's a link to a fairly new marker that supposedly uses the same guts as the A5, meaning it should be equal in quality.

With either marker I suggest the use of co2 as it's cheaper, easier to find and give you more shots than a high pressure air tank would.(I'm pretty sure the fire station will have the ability to fill them)

The problem will come where they hopper is only a 200 round capacity. you can upgrade them with this 400 round hopper, but that's the biggest one that I can find. If you need more paint you can always buy a cheap vest or pod pack from any paintball place and use it to hold extra 150 round pods of paint on your body.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I have experimented with a few guns. I have a Spyder full auto, which tends to break paintballs in the barrel and just isn't reliable enough, and a ViewLoader semi-auto, which is extremely reliable but the rate of fire and accuracy and fps aren't adequate for my needs. I actually like the VL a lot better just because I know it is going to work all the time, but it isn't a crowd control type gun.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
ick the viewloader is cheap, but so is the quality of it. the nice part about the tippmans i showed you is that the hopper system is integrated into the marker. when the marker fires, the hopper loads a paintball. I have heard some stories about the hopper system being a bit weak at certain points, but I don't know enough about it to be helpful. Maybe some other member knows more about it than I do.

the problem your'e having with a spyder is mostlikely your choice of hopper. if you go with a spyder I'd say get a VS1 as they're the newest spyders out there that work with CO2 and have anti-chop technology. Granted that also requires more mantience than just stashing them on a shelf someplace before when your'e not using them

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do any of you guys have any experience with Eclipse or Dangerous Power guns? I like the Tippmann A-5 from what I have seen, I just want some opinions on other guns as well.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
they're decent markers, but pale in comparison to what you're looking and needing them for.

did i mention you can get a 400 round hopper for the tippman A5 or the us army markers?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Matrix, on another thread you are describing the Tippmann A-5 as being about as useful as giving a monkey a screwdriver and getting him to fix the shower, so what gives? Also, what are these US Military markers?

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
It's good to see that you're doing research out of what we're telling you:) Like i said, for playing paintball they're worthless, heavy, long and have a hopper that sticks out the side so you can't stay tight in bunkers. All those things add up and make a spyder a better choice for playing paintball. A spyder would be a good choice for you as well if you're looking for something lighter, that uses a hopper that requires spending an extra $100 and eats 6 AA batteries on top of it all. The tippman A5 is really the ideal, worry free marker for your situation as it requires little to no knowlege to operate. simply turn it on, and pull the trigger. the spyder does the same things but is a bit more complicated. you have to make sure the hopper is turned on and is feeding right, not to mention the hopper is a separate part from the rest of the marker which means buying more parts and pieces that really are unnecessary for using it in a situation like you are describing.

The us military markers are new markers that just came out and use tippman guts. I'm not sure why they're so cheap though. I've yet to see anyone talk about them since they're so new.

·
Registered
101 Posts
A5's are great, customizable to make it more realistic and milslim, personally i love my Fusion, easy to maintain, quality and speed of a high end at a realitive cheap price ( got my LE for 290 brand new) but personally not very intimidating to a crowd of rioting ppl, A5 you can customize to resemable a real fire arm , also they can take a beating and still function, Fusion cannot be handle as roughly. A5's or any tippmann do not need to be maintained regularly, Fusions and other high ends do. Although i love my Fusion LE to death I would only recommended it for speedball or tournament play(if you plan on playing speedball get it :p ) if not id got with the A5 also, the air tank for Fusion is quite pricey, while a co2 tank for an A5 is not also co2 can gives you much more shots per tank, A5s can also work of both, Fusions and other high ends cannot, unless proper modifications are in place ($$)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
He is not looknig for a nice speedbal gun he can pick up and go play tournaments with, simply something he can use for riot control etc, go with matrix and get an E-gripped A-5, and if you wanna do the riot controlling with the fun modes of tournament play buy a W.A.S board for it:naughty

·
Registered
101 Posts
do any of you guys have any experience with Eclipse or Dangerous Power guns? I like the Tippmann A-5 from what I have seen, I just want some opinions on other guns as well.
I was just answer his question:dodgy: also i never said he should get the fusion, i was telling him how it isnt suitable for the use he intended for it, i only said to buy it IF he wanted to play speedball or tournaments, also i stated why the A5 is better for his use and compared the two.:)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I know, I am jsut saying that isn't what he is looking for in a gun, and to look elsewhere, like what you have been suggesting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate the input, guess you have me sold on the Tippmann. Whether this plan is ever put into use is another story.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Macdev cyborgs have all of the qualities you want. Reliable, efficient, fast, and have adjustable pressure. Very smooth and consistant.

Why do you need the adjustable pressure so much?

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
cyborgs do have all that snow; a lot of markers will work but I still feel that a timmppan is a better choice for the situation.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
cyborgs do have all that snow; a lot of markers will work but I still feel that a timmppan is a better choice for the situation.
Yea, an A-5 with flatline and an HPA system would probably be the best bet. But a cyborg definitely fits the requirements. 30 pepperspray balls per second.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts