Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im sure all of u know that he died the other night, and i was just wondering what u guys think about it.

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
I heard about it this morning when I was driving to school...pretty sad, even though I've heard some unsubstantiated things about Mr. Rogers. He was a good man at heart, and his show will always be timeless...he has made an impact on a lot of people whether they realize it or not. Even though I myself never watched the show, I've seen snippets and I have to admit- it's far better than most other children's show. It's right up there with classics like Fraggle Rock and Sesame Street and it will stay that way for a while :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
i just read that in AOL news and then read that here. yes, its sad, MR fred rogers, who most kno as Mr. rogers, died at the age of i think 74 of cancer. didnt watch the show ne waz

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
I've been watching and reading a lot concerning what he was like and I am convinced- what a great man Mr. Fred Rogers was. He wasn't in the TV business to make money or to gain glory...he did it because he wanted to teach children good values that would help them tremendously as adults. He was exactly like he displayed himself on his show, there is no doubt about that.

I don't think anyone in television history has made such an impact on the way children see the world, as well as showing us exactly how a good neighbor should be. What a wonderful person he was.

The world is a better place because you were in it, Mr. Rogers. Thanks for being our neighbor :)

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
i used to watch his show everyday when i was younger. it is pretty sad. i heard he was a highly decorated sniper, i assume korea, but i don't know if it is true

·
That's Hot
3,914 Posts
imhungry said:
i used to watch his show everyday when i was younger. it is pretty sad. i heard he was a highly decorated sniper, i assume korea, but i don't know if it is true
Ummm.....no, he didn't participate in any wars. Not in all the things I have read has it said anything about military service =0

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
yea, ur probably right. this retard i throw with told me that. i loved when he fed the fish and the trollie was awsome. mr. rogers, the origanal pimp

·
Registered
811 Posts
since i am one of the few on here that seen the show when it was in black and white (MAN im gettin old :) ) i really hate to see that he died. he has helped raise alot of kids with some good morals and respect for others! he never did it for any of the glory or fame just the kids, thats what made him great. it was a sad day when he retired about 2 years ago, even sadder today. Mr Rodgers will be missed!!

:(

·
www.FrozenPumpkin.com
1,321 Posts
Guys i got an idea! can someone edit the bottom of that pic to say somthing like Put this in your sig. if you were a Mr Rogers fan.

And in memorial we can do that! i would do it right now, but im at school comps...witch are really bad and i cant get the properties and stuff...just a thought...should we do it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to throw this thing in a dif direction

but anyone who changes there close that much in one day has got to be a bit fruity

but other than that i watched his show all the time

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imhungry said:
i cant remember where i saw this but i heard he was a pretty good sniper, im sure its not tru but his name sounds like he could be an army vet.

D

·
0 Posts
yeah its a terriable loss, but personnally i never really liked his show. i prefered Mr. Dress Up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts