Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Don't mess wit da Force
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, do you know why he always wears long sleeve sweatshirts and coats? iunno if this is true, but i heard that he was a sniper in WW II. so, he ahs all these army tattoes on his arms. has any 1 else heard this?

·
12,110 Posts
I was at a social event recently when a friend pulled me aside. She said she had taken a look at my Bella site and really liked the tattoo articles I was writing. I asked if there was anything she’d like me to write about. She asked if I could find out more about Mister Rogers’ tattoos, and said she had heard that was why he always wore long-sleeve sweaters.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Tattoo Urban Legend #2, the Mister Rogers tattoo story. Sometimes the ink is attributed to a stay in the military. Sometimes the military story comes with the elaboration that he was a sniper and each tattoo represented a kill. Nonetheless, there is a persistent rumor that Mister Rogers had seriously tattooed arms.

As cool as that might be, it is very much untrue. You will find the question posed here and there on message boards with all manner of answers, and the story certainly was revived by his passing in early 2003. However, all reports from friends and colleagues would indicate that 1) Mister Rogers was not a tattooed person and 2) his style of dress was chosen for a type of relaxed formality. Remember folks, this man was an ordained minister who worked with children: not exactly the tattooed type.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
he was in the NAVY and i think it was in korea. and the reason for the sweater was the tatoos.

·
Registered
461 Posts
he also wore those sweaters because his mom made them i think i heard lol

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
lbreevesii said:
he was in the NAVY and i think it was in korea. and the reason for the sweater was the tatoos.
you might try reading some of the posts in the thread there buddy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts