Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
looks pretty sleek but yea aluminum barrels arent to great unless coated with teflon or some other slick material.

·
Registered
28 Posts
some barrels have a thin layer of teflon i think the J&J ceramic barrels have it, its a lot more slick than just aluminum or steel or anything so the paintballs have less drag going through the barrel creating a better flying paintball :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just because it is aluminum doesn't make it worse than a ceramic. Havent yall read the sticky Read First in the this section? Here is the link ~ Finding the right barrel for your gun

See, its not as smooth and frictionless; But it is cheaper and easier to clean. So those into not worrying about maintenance should go for it.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
cuz a barrel is soooo hard to take care of, i mean, 1 push of the swab is too much at the end of the day and for the aluminum barrel i would only have to do.......the exacat same thing........

aluminum barrels also expand and contract with temperature changes whereas a ceramic one will not

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow, you must not take care of your barrels then. Go to YouTube and serach for a user anmed TechPB. He has a whole show dedicated to cleaning your barrel. Ceramics take a lot more cleaning to get them all pretty and shooting the way they are suppose to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts