Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was wondering if anyone could give some advice in regards to a longer Barrel for my MR1. I have the standard 12 inch, and was looking at something a bit longer for pushing around brush and perhaps for slightly better accuracy.

Im caught between finding something that provides the slightly better accuracy, and something that doesn't create too much drag on the ball. Any suggestions? It seems 14-16 inch is popular.

Can I get some unbiased balanced reviews about 18-20 inch barrels as well? I probably could use a little length to hold the shots a little more on course.

Don't worry. I'm an airsoft sniper as well as paintball player. I KNOW the difference between airsoft and paintball, and understand the concept of the two differnt games. I'm no expert when it comes to this barrel decision, but I'm not n00b either. :p

So the question now is, where do I go with my barrel shopping? Longer? Mid Length? etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yea 14" is the best all-round barrel.By the way whats ur price range on a barrel?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
A paintball only accelerated in about the first 6-8 inches of the barrel
After that, it's all pretty much for looks and porting
Past 16 inches just makes your gun less efficient since you will need more gas to push the ball all the way through the barrel

Barrel length has nothing to do with accuracy, get something like a 14 or 16 J&J Ceramic barrel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I was leaning towards something about that length (14-16.) So now, for barrels. Any good links? I have a few links myself:

ATAFA.com: Spyder MR1 MR2 MR3 Recon Rifled Barrel

Amazon.com: 16" Spyder MR MR1 MR2 MR3 AERO Sniper Paintball Barrel: Sports & Outdoors

Amazon.com: NEW 16" Spyder Cyclone Paintball Barrel - Black Dust: Sports & Outdoors

ATAFA.com: Spyder MR1 1 Inch Diameter 16 Inch Recon Barrel

I think I will go with the 16 inch, because even though it may be on the edge of impending your performance, seeing a long barrel before a battle can and will intimidate your opponent. Works with airsoft as well. :cool: It's a matter of playing to your enemies misinformed ideas, while still having the same performance capabilities as they do. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts