Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently started mountain biking and dirt riding. I also found a place where i can build small jumps and all that fun stuff. But my current mtn bike is a POS. It doesnt handle well when i land from a jump, the brakes are crap, the gears suck, and the only thing that i like about it is its light weight. Does anyone know any good mtn bikes for trail riding, dirt riding and doing jumps, but isnt too expensive?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Mongoose makes some pretty good bikes. My friend has their XR220, and it works awesome for what he does, which is the same as you. It is fairly lightweight, and is tough. It also has good gears, and brakes. it also has decsent shocks, as long as you dont weigh over 250 pounds :). He said it cost about 200 dollars.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not bad, my price range may be higher than that though so i might be lookng for something better

D

·
0 Posts
hmm Kona, Gaint and Specailized are all names too look into.

you want disc breaks? or just v?

hard tail right?

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
i have a specialized hardrock comp. all the good stuff: disk brakes,shimanos, marzocchi front fork. it was like 500

D

·
0 Posts
yeah i have a hardrock comp too.. A1, got it 2k2 i think.. doesnt have disc though.. and only has judy tt's

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
mine is so big 21inch frame. stock tires to. but soon to have carbon brake pads, new seat, new tires.

D

·
0 Posts
ah i have a 17" frame..
still stock rims but i have a bigger tire with better treds in the front.. cant remember the size right now.. also i got dmr platform pedals.. hated the stock ones

·
Cunning Linguist
2,273 Posts
NYY said:
i just recently started mountain biking and dirt riding.
I prefer my women clean.

My bike sucks too, whenever I want to do any serious biking I borrow my brother's, I'll have to check on the brand next time I go to his place, but its a sick bike.

·
Registered
416 Posts
specialized enduro's & fsr's, trek fuels, cannondale super v's- for full suspension which is what i am guess is what you want

O

·
0 Posts
Look into giants. That's your best bet if you got the cash. I have a friend, if you want I'll PM you his sn, he knows so much about Mtn. Biking it's not funny.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Foes DHS Mono lol

Seriosly i think the Orange Hitman is a mint jump/street/4X bike

·
Registered
416 Posts
well then, try finding out what your fit is and try some bikes. Then check on ebay for something you like. Front suspension treks are nice, i like them and marin's (spelling) much better than specialized. Cannondale are also great but can get alot more expensive. Winter is coming up and so is 2005 so you might be able to get a good deal on an 04

·
Registered
35 Posts
sorry i just saw ur price range and this will be quite a bit over it, like prolly 800-1000

1 - 18 of 18 Posts