Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is difficult to comprehend.

especially since my music lessons are saturday morning after im all burned out from friday night.

i'm learning about key signatures, relative minors, pentatonic/blues/major/minor scales, etc.

who else is taking theory/lessons?

((I play guitar btw))

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm not actually taking the class, i'm learning through a private instructor.

i wish i was taking the class.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Yeah, there's like 1 class of 4 kids.

On a different note, any of you know someone with perfect pitch? There's this kid in band that has it, and he can tell you what note it is, and whether is it sharp/flat. Pretty crazy, apparently your born with it.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
I have some friends who are taking AP Music Theory. One of my friends tried to get me to take it, but I explained to her that I can't play an instrument.

·
Registered
181 Posts
im thinking about taking it next year in school but its supposed to be a really tough course apparently. im taking 'music in out lives' now which is like kind of a general music class but we're doing really basic theory stuff now. we will be doing a guitar unit(but i already play so idk how good it will be) and making our own music video i guess but im not expecting too much greatness out of either when i already play the guitar and i could make a music video if i wanted really easy since my dad makes videos for a living and i could edit it on my own and stuff.

i will say i find theory very boring but i will most likely benifit from it.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you can develop a good music ear... you can develop any of your senses ((actually the portion of the brain associated with the processing of that sensory information)) if you work on it. I used to have a terrible ear, but since i've been playing guitar, it got a LOT better. my ear is decent, but not with pitch recognition. I'm working on it and I can usually get within a step of the pitch.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
mavsfan31 said:
Yeah, there's like 1 class of 4 kids.

On a different note, any of you know someone with perfect pitch? There's this kid in band that has it, and he can tell you what note it is, and whether is it sharp/flat. Pretty crazy, apparently your born with it.

My old music teacher's son has it. He used to brag about it all the time.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
No, you don't have perfect pitch sometimes. You either have it or you don't.

With perfect pitch, you are (in most cases) able to tell if a note is in tune, and what note it is; 100% of the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts