Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Pneumatically Insane ©
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this plastic (about 8bps) airsoft gun that sounds like ****, and smells like burning gears when I shoot. But I went to the Local Airsoft dealer (Jungle Toy) and while I was looking these (****ty/wanna-be) Katanas, these guys were asking to look at "Lower Grade" (like the one I have) guns, and the guy that works there was telling them that it is stupid to have a 300rd clip on a Cock and shoot gun. They noobs (no offense) were saying "How accurate are they?" and the guy was telling them that lite plastic BBs aren;t very accurate. Then the noob said "Which ones are the best?" the (black) worker points to the Guns behind the Cash Register.

Anyway, me and my dad keep looking at vests or w/e, and he ends up buying this knife for like $6 for my bro. When he went to pay, the noobs finally walk out, and while my dad was paying, I asked "What's so special about those guns?" and pointed behind him, he said "Those are 'Compotition' grade guns" I asked "If I were to get started playing airsoft(I ment, as much as Paintball)?" and he pointed at the crappy guns, I told him that I allready have one of them, and that I ment as in start playing accasionally. Then I brought up a local PB Field (that recently started doing Airsoft) called Frog Holler, and gave me this 'are u serious' laugh, and then I looked into his eyes and said "What? Is there another place locally that I can play?", he got a serious look again, and said "Umm, no. That's the only place to go" (BTW, I live in Wichita, KS). Then I told him how I paintball and how I know Airsoft is much cheaper than paintball, and that is why I was considering playing. Then he got one of the guns and handed it to me. That was when I asked "How fast do these shoot; Average?" he said "300 Feet Per Second" then I was like "No, I mean... Like, How fast...." "300 FEET-PER-SECOND!" he interupted with a 'your a noob' smile, and then I said back "Shots Per Second..." then he got his serious look again, and said "Ohh.... Umm, about 18bps". Then I explained to my dad that was one ball faster than my Ion.

We continued to talk about airsoft and I asked some questions about prices and he said he could get me into a good gun package for about $200.

Anyway: Is was pretty interesting that when you know wtf your talking about, that people treat you more seriously, lol.

I went back in yesterday cause my mom said she might help pay $50 or something for X-Mas if I want it. This is a pic + details of the package I think I am going to get:

• New and improved internals
• 8.4v 1600mah Battery Included
• Charger Included
• Auto-Magazine Winder Adapter included
• Metal rail interface system with Custom pistol grip style vertical front grip
• Adjustable Hop-Up
• 300rd Hi-cap magazine
• Extra Magazine included
• Velocity: 300fps with .20g bb
• Capacity: 300rds
• Dimension: 82cm length, 22.3cm height

$220

·
Pneumatically Insane ©
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the guy that runs the Airsoft part of the PB Field, says that every one is friends (out of about 20people) and if people think some1 is cheating than every1 despises them.

He aslo said of this website that litterally posts a pic (if they get ahold of one) and the guys name, and labels him as a cheater. If I get a link I will share. But he said he looks for people in the local region, and prints off a list, that he keeps with him at the field.

So it seems legit, and money saving...

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
well. i hope you have fun with it, i really dont find it fun, i used to, but now they remind me of cap guns, which arent very fun. :p

Edit: My teammate is selling a nice one, shot it yesterday. Link

·
I'm on your back.
1,882 Posts
You're getting ripped off. That's a cheap knock off from taiwan.

Only buy Tokyo Marui, Classic Army or ICS.
Those are the only real AEGs, anything else is a cheap piece of plastic crap.

Oh, btw, Jungletoy carries mostly ****. Have fun buying from a company that only sells complete junk.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
You really need to learn how to spell. My god.

Airsoft is stupid. What's fun about shooting people with little plastic bb's that they can't even feel? Sure it's going 300fps, but that's still barely noticeable with an airsoft bb.

Eh, I think airsoft is gay. Always have, always will. Pointless to spend $200+ on airsoft. If you are thinking about it because the price of paintball, buying an airsoft gun for $200+ is stupid. Some people that play airsoft even think it hurts to get shot...they even wear vests...pussies.

Whatever floats your boat though I guess...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Alpha said:
Does that even matter? Why did you tell us his race? He's a human.
i was actually thinkin the same thing but didn't post it...

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
fenix_freak said:
buying an airsoft gun for $200+ is stupid.
Spending over 1k on a PAINTBALL GUN isn't stupid though, right?

Also, he probably specified the worker was black to either A. Make himself feel superior that he was the one being served. or B. He was afraid he'd get jumped because he hasn't left his comfortable upper-middle class shell in awhile.

Either way, you're all assholes.

-Andrew doesn't paintball (anymore), because he lacks money and when he does obtain cash, he doesn't like to shoot it at other people.

·
Banned
123 Posts
sumsimpleracer said:
i prefer nerf guns

cheaper than airsoft and you can tell if someone is cheating or not because you'll be close enough to see it hit them.
Yea, i know what you mean. Nerf guns, IMO, are better then paintball. The rush you get...oh, its just to much.

ANYWAY, thats a nice gun, ive never seen a grip like that on that gun before though. like, ever. Still, im not an airsoft pro. Ive never even played, im more of a pellet gun person. But judgeing from your little stat chart it seems like a good gun.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Number One N00b said:
Spending over 1k on a PAINTBALL GUN isn't stupid though, right?

Also, he probably specified the worker was black to either A. Make himself feel superior that he was the one being served. or B. He was afraid he'd get jumped because he hasn't left his comfortable upper-middle class shell in awhile.

Either way, you're all assholes.

-Andrew doesn't paintball (anymore), because he lacks money and when he does obtain cash, he doesn't like to shoot it at other people.
DJ wonders why andrew refers to himself in first person and comes to a paintball forum if he doesnt paintball anymore, and also why he generalizes everyone as assholes.

·
Banned
123 Posts
DJS2 said:
DJ wonders why andrew refers to himself in first person and comes to a paintball forum if he doesnt paintball anymore, and also why he generalizes everyone as assholes.
Well i dont play paintball anymore. But does it matter? I use to play it. And andrew, your a very mean person.

·
Pneumatically Insane ©
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alpha said:
Does that even matter? Why did you tell us his race? He's a human.
I was going to say something else, but I forgot.

Also: Just the fact that they are ****ing cool looking make me want one. IDK, and why would I need another PB Gun?

I thought of getting a pump, but it's just for the same reason for me getting an airsoft gun.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts