Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Faster than your avatar!
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Birthday is on April 20th - I will be 12, and I am gonna have like a paintball party - My parents are paying :devil:. And I am asking people not to get me presents, just money. I have calculated it and on average I should get about $211+ So, thats pretty cool, what do you think I should get? Either a Tippmann SL-68 II, and maybe like, sunglasses or somthing, or drum stuff, or stuff for my sonix, and what kind of stuff? I liked the whole Idea of getting a pump, but, I don't have anything on my Sonix, and I always wanted to pimp out my Sonix... What do you think? Thanks.

·
Registered
522 Posts
A friend of mine is having a paintball party soon, it will be awsome.

Save more money and get a better gun. There's really no point in spending upgrade money on a SL-68....

·
Faster than your avatar!
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm... Well... I don't think I would get a phantom - I am planning on making my primary gun better. Also, the shop I buy stuff from doesn't sell phantoms.

What do you think of: Custom Products 14" Barrel, 12v Revolution Hopper, and something else - I am thinking maybe an electronic trigger frame, but I don't need to fire fast enough for it. Is there any other good thing about an Electronic Trigger Frame other than ROF?

·
Registered
261 Posts
say up for the whole next year and get a angel:):p no
Get a little more and get a phantom. yeah whay xley said

·
Faster than your avatar!
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I honestly don't want a new gun - I would like to upgrade my current gun. How does a Custom Products 14" Barrel, and a Revolution 12v sound? And what else? I was thinking about a Sprint trigger frame, but the dip switches doesn't sound good, and I don't need to fire fast. What else should I get? I will have about $131 left after the Barrel and Revvy. Maybe HPA?

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
buy HPA revvy and barrel, then do a trigger mod, and use the extra money to buy a trracer or maverick for those pump games.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sell the sonix, go for an Imagine or something.

But if you wanna keep it, its not a bad starting gun. Get a new barrel, you wont need a better hopper until later when you buy better guns, but until then it wont do you any good.

Turning 12? Nice, an early early start on paintball. I had an early start at 12, but didnt play much until I was 13.

·
Faster than your avatar!
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Check the thread, I ended up getting $135... I have spent it now, on a double bass peddle for my drums. sNoW PIrAnHa - I was thinking of getting HPA, but wouldn't I need a drop, or a rail or something? What do you mean trigger mod? You mean, like the one on otter's site? Or do you mean get a new trigger? I was thinking of sanding down the middle groove on my current trigger to make it sort of a blade trigger...

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
If you go for a pump, go for a Phantom. I'm not saying the SL-68's are bad or anything, but Phantoms are so sweet...I've heard the pump action on them is just so smooth.

Or you could always buy me the Phantom and not have to worry about having 2 guns... *hint hint* ;)

-Jin

·
Faster than your avatar!
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've said the same thing three times in this thread:

iCeYfLaMe said:
I don't need to get a better gun
iCeYfLaMe said:
Hmmm... Well... I don't think I would get a phantom - I am planning on making my primary gun better.
iCeYfLaMe said:
I honestly don't want a new gun - I would like to upgrade my current gun.
Oh, and by the way: Your user title is so true - FLOGGING MOLLY ROCKS! Proud to be Irish!

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
iCeYfLaMe said:
what do you think I should get? Either a Tippmann SL-68 II, and maybe like...
You clearly said you were at least thinking about purchasing a pump...So I figured if you are going to, I may as well suggest a Phantom.

Oh yeah, and my avatar is my amazing hoodie that I bought at Hot Topic.

-Jin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts