Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah for all you big motor heads that hate rice....well piss off this is AMERICAN!

The car is destriped and debadged has a modified sohc hood (sleeper style DOHC)
Eibach lowering springs
Phantom clone L.S.D
PT Cruiser clutch
Alpine alarm(w/ power windows operatable from the remote)
Quantem Tek S15's(17x7)
Indiglow gauges
Carbon fiber overlay^^^
Tinted windows
Iceman cold air intake w/ K&N filter
Optima yellowtop battery
Stinger wiring(power,ground,rca's)
B&M short throw shifter
Booger Bushings
APC super white reverse lights

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not a big fan of neons myself but he has it fixed up pretty nice, bought it without body kit, but evrything else for $3000, its 99 with about 50k miles on it.

definatley street worthy, 3 gear rubber is not a problem

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Nothing about that car is impressive. PT Cruiser clutch? Why would even bother putting that in, the stock pontiac clutch is probably smoother, with a shorter throw. It maybe american made, but its covered in rice.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
reason for the pt cruiser clutch if you knew a bit about swapping parts, is that they are cheapr than an aftermarket clutch and hold up 300hp

pontiac clutch???? WTF are you thinking, its a DODGE neon my friend thats not even a practical swap...let alone possible

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh believe me he has toys for under the hood.....our apartment currently has motor ups out thr wazoo waiting to be put on, New Indy intake manifold, Cams, cam gears, Exhaust, other little stuff....NOS...yeah i tried taking that for my eclipse but i didnt get very far.....*damn untied shoe lace*

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not bad, probably the cleanest neon i've seen, and keep in mind this is a paintball forum ;) all those stupid comments don't count :)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
SWATORNOT said:
reason for the pt cruiser clutch if you knew a bit about swapping parts, is that they are cheapr than an aftermarket clutch and hold up 300hp

pontiac clutch???? WTF are you thinking, its a DODGE neon my friend thats not even a practical swap...let alone possible
Chill out NOOB, it looked like the back of a grand am GT to me. Either way, it still a slow, ugly, riced out car.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well if you want the full motor list i will get it for you but i doubt i can post it...even though you are all not in the area. My buddy likes to keep things under the hood.....UNDER THE HOOD.

Not exactly a noob either....but i can see where you could get a grand am look from it. my bad.

its not REAL fast but its fast enough for the crappy spray painted hondas around here...and even some of the fast ones he can roll with evenly.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Not a bad ride, but its kinda-ricy. Not a lot of performance mods. My boat that I call a cougar could hang with that easily. Needs more sleeper look. As I recall, neons were meant to be an economy car. SRT-4 is another story. There is a four-door neon running around where I live that has wing, rims, altezzas, and he decided to rev at me the other day to let me here his new fartcan. I would love to videotape it and show you how fast neons are. Also, I might be acquiring a CRX Si soon, and after I get done with it, I don't think I would fear many neons, except the occasional SRT-4. Heck, Im tempted to mod the heck outta my cougar b/c every f'n ricer revs at me.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
SWATORNOT said:

Not exactly a noob either....but i can see where you could get a grand am look from it. my bad.

its not REAL fast but its fast enough for the crappy spray painted hondas around here...and even some of the fast ones he can roll with evenly.
Yeah, at first glance the taillight looked similar, as well as the window lines, and rear bumper. I figured he put an aftermarket spoiler on. Anyways, whats under the hood?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.