Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are quite large, so i had them hosted as thumbnails. Here's what happened (on the last day of november, like the 30th i think), i wanted to turn left. The road was hella busy. There is no light for me to get to, i'm stuck where i am. I can turn right and circle around, or go left....Anyway a lady lets me into her larn. Now i'm halfway on the road. Waiting to see a gap in the other lane. I think their is one and floor it. (stupid 4-cylinder has no power) anyways "apparently" the lane wasn't clear. Nope, it was occupied by a nice big dodge ram. BOOM t-boned, shoved into oncoming traffic and got my rear clipped by a old volvo. Oh did i mention i don't remember a thing?

Just a side pic.

My drivers seat totally crushed.

A head on pic, just showing how far it got crushed in. Theres my dad and the tow guy talking. Apparnetly the tow guy was amazed i'd walked away. And said "I want to meet this guy and take him to a casinio, b/c he's very lucky"

Me? I'm fine (amazingly) Wore my seat belt :D. Had to stay overnite at the hospital. Got stiches for my face where the glass made a bunch of small cuts. Got stiches out on the 6th. I got 2 on my lips, which took like 2 dang weeks to go away and dissolve. And my ribs hurt, STILL. Apparntly that will last till like June or so...Also (this is the best part) i can't go out in the sunlight. Yep, that's right, aparently to much sun will cause my scars to turn black (not cool) so i should stay inside and use sunblock if i gotta be outside. So that means no pb!! ARGGG! I know, so sad =(, but we are going to a dermitologist soon to see if they will let me out in the sun by like March or something. If they do, my dad will let me get the new legion air by macdev (which i REALY want). Anyways, i an't turning left on that road again. I'm i like God a lot more.

Moral of this thread, don't turn left on busy roads during rush hour.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Interesting how an impact that great didn't trigger the airbag. Looking at the damage, it should have at least set of one of the sensors.

Staying our of the sun for 6 months isn't so bad. It's just an excuse to play more games ;)

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this happened right b4 december. But still.......lady luck aint w/ pbf right now. And the airbags didn't go b/c i dont have side impact bags.

·
Registered
609 Posts
bobide said:
Well this happened right b4 december. But still.......lady luck aint w/ pbf right now. And the airbags didn't go b/c i dont have side impact bags.
I dunno, somehow I'd think the one in the steering wheel would pop out for the hell of it because a few months ago I saw a van spin out on the highway and slam sideways into a hill with a buncha bushes and the steering wheel airbag come out. You're a very lucky guy to walk away from a crash like that.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hell ya, only thing i got are some really tiny scars on my face. Looks almost like acne. Anyways, be careful driving guys. It can happen anytime.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
sucks, old car looks like it was ready for replacement anyway imho. back around christmas a couple of years back we got hit. scared the crap outta me.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh yeah, um its a 1994 subara legacy wagon (hell its a car, some of u know what i mean) had 66,000 miles on her. 5 speed manuel, kinda fun to drive. I miss it....

·
Banned
920 Posts
its always sad 2 see one of ur cars totaled. My cuzin totaled his Lumina my parents gave to him after its been in the family for 14 years. It had a good engine in it :(. Happened a week ago.. He flipped it over and knocked a telephone pole in half :yikes only because he was messin with his radio

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
dang only 66k. man thats low mileage. our 99 camry has 91k on it. and my 94 truck has about 150k

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
lbreevesii said:
dang only 66k. man thats low mileage. our 99 camry has 91k on it. and my 94 truck has about 150k
damn, a 94 with 150k? :eek: my 88 just passed 130k

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
yup, i dont know how but we tend to put a lot of miles on our cars. its my 1994 ford ranger xlt. one sec i'll get an accurate count...152,622.7 miles. something in the electrical to the starter is dead so it won't start right now. gotta get the mechanic out here. the block in it is a 3.0 out of a 99 model that has like 65 or 70k on it now. what happened w/ the origional engine was that the previous owner(origional owner) was goin down the interstate and a freeze plug came out of it and lost all the coolant and fried it. she still runs pretty strong, does tend to spark knock a lot tho...

·
Registered
912 Posts
wow....

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Good to see you walked away. Accidents like that don't normally produce results like yours did.

lbreevesii said:
My 95 cougar just rolled over 37,009. Had 25,000 on it when it was purchased.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
i wish i had pix of when we got hit in our camry. it was an old lady in a tank car and she hit right on my door(front passenger) and came off right at the back of the rear door. busted it up pretty good. when i saw it coming i just thought(said?) "ohh god..."

·
Registered
347 Posts
yeah, your lucky

SuperManD1v3 said:
My cuzin totaled his Lumina my parents gave to him after its been in the family for 14 years. It had a good engine in it :(. Happened a week ago.. He flipped it over and knocked a telephone pole in half :yikes only because he was messin with his radio
like a year or two ago my bro smashed into a bridge goin like 45 or 50 somthing and it was all because he was trying to fing another cd. it was a nice new mistubishi tho, like 12 brand new subs in it too n the tow lot wouldn't even let him get his pager outta the car (guess he was taken from the crash n wasn't allowed back cuse he was able 2 get a friend to get his cell phone which was still in the car too)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts