Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i get started id like to give a Special thanks to Killer Carbon for all the custom Carbon Fiber Fabrication, his work is flawless and he’s a master of his craft. All of the custom carbon fiber fabrication done to this marker is actual 100% hand-laid carbon fiber that gets vacum bagged, professionally clear-coated and cut/buffed the proper way. Everything on this marker was planned ahead and the parts chosen were chosen for reasons based on personal testings and preferences. Nothing was spared.

Well my project Ion is finally completed. To make a long story short I wanted to build a gun for myself, I wanted something unique but also something that could compete with the “high-end” markers and really turn some heads, and last but not least, something with carbon fiber fabrication because im a carbon whore in every sense, not only paintball related. I didn’t wanna fork out $200 for the stock ion to upgrade off of so I built it from scratch with all the parts I wanted to use for my goals. Yes for the amount of time and money put into this I could have probably just bought a ego or something along those lines but I wanted my “own” gun, not a production marker. Especially sense I love building markers from the ground up for complete customization and personalization. My end result was a marker that is very light-weight, very accurate, very fast, very quiet, low psi operation, very efficient, tons of firing modes and tunability and very unique. Between the start and finish of this 1 ion marker ive owned/put together from scratch 3 other complete ions, now that this is completed ive sold majority of my ion parts and will just be keeping this one ion. I may pick up a fusion or a mag down the road for a back-up or maybe even throw one last ion together.

Please don’t clutter the thread or rant on and on about different bolts or parts for my marker, ive tested, owned or tried damm near all aftermarket parts available for the ion before making my choices on parts to use that best suite my personal style or performance desires. This marker was built from the ground up over a course of about 8+ months and now after tons of time, money, and sweat it is completed 100% to my liking....

On to the complete Up-To-Date Mod/Part List:

Custom Carbon Fiber Body "Bolt-Out-Back” Foehn Style
Custom Carbon Fiber Trigger “Roller Bearing”
Custom Milled Trigger Frame w/Carbon Fiber Hump Shaved/Milled/Dye Membrane pad slotted
Hyper 2 Regulator With Custom Carbon-Fiber Fabrication
14" Sly Carbon Stealth Barrel Kit
CCM No Pro w/Cf Ring/Lock "not shown in all of the pictures"
NDZ Gloss Black Snatch Grip "not installed"
NDZ Gloss Black Breech
NDZ Gloss Black Firing Chamber
T-Board V C w/Dye membrane Pad & LED Relocation In Hybrid Grip's "thanks dyetex!!"
L7 Bolt
Clippard QEV
CP direct mount Gloss black on/off
Hybrid 06 Grips w/Slot cut out for LED’
Evil Guage "not shown/installed yet"
New designs detent kit
Lucky Black-Out kit
Lucky Trigger Pin
Black Macro line

What feeds it':

Carbon Fiber Velocity Hopper “replacing shell with a diff style cf shell shortly 1 week or so”
850 Mah Boost Battery
Direct Port Charging
Gangstar Vlocity Chip
“Also adding speed feed v2 shortly”

Onto the Pictures, Sorry if my pictures quality isnt the best but i just snapped some quick shots, ill throw on a guage sometime tomarrow and sling some paint this weekend. If i can borrow a decent digital camera ill take some better pictures and maybe throw up a short video of it slinging some paint. Im very curious how fast it can shoot with paint and my up'd vlocity hopper feeding it :tup: . The shell on the hopper shown will be removed and sold in about a week once the other shell i ordered arrives.

The carbon used for this project is 100% real aero space grade 3.0 ounce twill weaved carbon fiber, no sticker bs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

o, and for those wondering, after i do install a guage and tune the marker, ill be removing the guage and usuing a gloss black plug to fill the spot'

edited: requested a picture with snatch grip installed:

·
hotter in the dark....
250 Posts
i gota say thats the closest to a 10 in an ion iv ever seen so

10/10

·
Registered
173 Posts
i dont liek ions but this is a beastly 9.99999878866/10 only because i dont like ions... anyway how much did that all cost you

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry, but me and killer-carbon came to an agreement that a price would not be disclosed'

I can say that to have something like this replicated be prepared to spend 1k+ and id be willing to bet the quality still wouldnt come close to this how-ever due to my situation, that wasnt my case.

I can say his work is flawless, and his pricing is awsome, it does take time but well worth it...total time consumed from start to finish on this build was around 8 months.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Pretty sick, 10/10. Not a huge fan on ions but this one deserves top marks.
Personally I think a gloss black dye UL back with Stiffi tip would look better,maybe not though. Slys sound like sick barrels so there is no reason to change it.
nice gat

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
It's too bad it belongs in the 1-350 forum, lol. Moving it.

Damn nice Ion though.

Considering the gun was scratch built and probably cost well wihtin the price range brand new, why would it be moved to a lower category? It's not like he boughtt the ion and put upgrades on it, he scratch built it for what it is.

10/10, or as close to it as your going to get. I personaly dont care for that weave of carbon fiber, but greatly respect well made work. I wish you were close enought o me I could borrow a better camera and take some realy high res pictures of that...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Considering the gun was scratch built and probably cost well wihtin the price range brand new, why would it be moved to a lower category? It's not like he boughtt the ion and put upgrades on it, he scratch built it for what it is.

10/10, or as close to it as your going to get. I personaly dont care for that weave of carbon fiber, but greatly respect well made work. I wish you were close enought o me I could borrow a better camera and take some realy high res pictures of that...
thanks for all the compliments, and as you mentioned i built it from scratch', its funny how many people hate ions but the platform is actually a pretty good platform to build off of, which is why i chose it for my project', its not going to be everyones cup of tea...but then again i built it for me and my style of play, the end result is a big grin on my face every time i hold it and there isnt anything else i could ask for in a paintball marker

id like to get some better quality pictures of it, my digital camera is a rather cheap one...the quality of the work looks alot better in person than my cheap digi cam could capture in a picture'

ill get some pictures of it in better lighting "outside" with a better camera when i get a chance

im also planning on making a couple quick videos with my spo shelled "not shown", boosted 850mah, gangstar chipped, speedfeeded, vlocity hopper, mainly just to show a better viewing of the work done and how the gangstar chip works and how fast it can feed and so fourth'

1 - 20 of 40 Posts