Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Fenix is chopping paint, can anyone tell me why?
My gun is completely stock. I have a Halo Backman TSA LCD Hopper and 47/3000 N2 tank. I was using Diablo Forumla 13's.
I chopped 2 balls yesterday shooting 3 round burst at 10 bps (the first could have been a bad ball and the second chop may have been because i didn't take the gun apart and clean it)

But after the second chop i took the gun apart and cleaned it, except i didn't oil because i didn't have any. I even switched paint too. then i went and shot about 12 balls on 6 round burst at 13 a sec and i chopped another one. Could this be because i didn't oil it or is 13bps just too fast for my spyder.
My hopper is set to medium speed should i put it on high?
Will an ACS bolt help at all?

Thanks in advance

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
the hopper is most likely the problem...they can only feed a max of 13bps and with the blowback from the gun...you will chop at higher rates of speed

set the hopper speed on high and modes are pointless...they are illegal at most fields so learn how to walk the trigger

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just went and shot some more in my backyard after having cleaned the gun, i shot about 100 rounds on 3 and 6 round burst at 13bps and no chops but it would get stuck on the ball i guess, or at least not recock, it did that a few times. A buddy of mine has a pilot and had no problems, but that's probably because he has an elbow on his which allows for 2 or 3 more paintballs to be already past the hopper. Could be why i suppose.

But what about the ACS bolt, has anyone tried it, does it actually work?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I asked the same question about the ACS in another thread, and not too many people around have actually tried it. But from what I get from reading about 100 reviews on different websites, the latest version of the ACS is much better and is very liked by those who have actually used it enough to know. Im getting mine soon.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would suggest you stop using the burst and auto functions. It's useless as fenix freak saids. Test again without those functions and see how it goes. Always oil and clean if you break anything inside.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well how would not using 3 round burst help me to keep from breakin balls if i'm still gonna try to shoot as fast on semi.
Maybe i'll just get a DM5 and be done with it.. just as soon as i win the lottery.
The ACS i've heard mixed things about which is why i'm not sure :-/
Also I don't need to shoot 13bps... 9 or 10 is fast enough but 3 round burst is easy cause i'm lazy :)
If i get anymore problems next time i play i'll post back and you guys can give me some more expert advice :) Thanks for all the replies

BTW I mentioned that I use formula 13 so you know I'm not using crappy, bottom of the barrel paint. I just bought a case of xball so we'll see if that changes anything.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
croix153 said:
Halo TSA can feed 15 i don't know what your prob is...
no it cant...its maxed out at 13 because of gravity

just because they say it can feed 15 doesnt mean it can...TSA's arent force feed or semi-force feed hoppers...they are agitating hoppers

know what you are talking about before you say something

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fenix Freak what kind of hopper do you use? And the superfly bolt? When shooting fast do you ever chop?

I'm considering just buying an ION. My Fenix is Heavy, Inefficient and Chops and the ION is only like $30 more. Any opinions on that?

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
u'll need hpa and ur current hopper will not even start to harness the ions power. Another gun to look into is the wraith by diablo, it seems pretty good also. Might wanna read some reviews.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I already have a HPA system, or do you mean 4500psi? Yea I figured the TSA wouldn't be fast enough, I guess i could always get the belt driven.. but i'll miss the screen on my hopper. That thing is cool, tells you how many balls you shot and has a timer.. that's pretty much all i use it for. They don't make the belt driven one with a screen do they?

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
no, the Halo B just has a led. And a 3000psi tank should be fine. If u've got the cash and can maybe sell ur spyder for over $120 then do it. Or keep the spyder as a backup, i always liked the fenix's milling.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the cheapest you can find a fenix new is probably 220 (if that) I paid 250.
Mine hasn't even had a case of paint through it yet so i'd hope i could sell it for at least 180 or so.

Bue even if i kept my hopper i still shouldn't chop with an ION since it has an eye right. 13bps is fast enough for now, as long as i'm not chopping.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
HardcoreHehaw said:
Fenix Freak what kind of hopper do you use? And the superfly bolt? When shooting fast do you ever chop?

I'm considering just buying an ION. My Fenix is Heavy, Inefficient and Chops and the ION is only like $30 more. Any opinions on that?
i have a viewloader evolution 2...and yea i have a superfly bolt

yes i do chop...wheni first bought the egg i believed what VL said about the feed rate (17-19)...well on blowback...more like 13-14

on non-blowback guns (such as the ion) it will feed faster...but still wont be able to keep up with the ion

just get an ION and a Halo B and you will be set

and yes the fenix is heavy...but i still like it. Yea i would rather take TONS of other guns (such as the ion) over mine...but im good...........until june ;0

EDIT:
HardcoreHehaw said:
Well the cheapest you can find a fenix new is probably 220 (if that) I paid 250.
Mine hasn't even had a case of paint through it yet so i'd hope i could sell it for at least 180 or so.

Bue even if i kept my hopper i still shouldn't chop with an ION since it has an eye right. 13bps is fast enough for now, as long as i'm not chopping.
i got mine for 220 on action village....the resale values on Spyders are HORRIBLE...you will be lucky if you get 180...prolly more around 150

and yea the ion does have vision....so you could keep your hopper if you wanted...it will just slow you down when/if you are in rebound mode

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
10-4, thanks for the advice. Well My brother was nice and bought my gun for me so i'm not so sure it would be polite to turn around and sell it not even a month later, lol So i'm gonna have to wait.
BTW I love Action Village, best prices i've found, especially now that they have free shipping on orders over $100.
BTW I just went into the backyard and shot about 250 rounds on full auto at 11bps with no breaks and i noticed my velocity was looking kinda high, if i were to lower the velocity it would reduce the change of chopping right?
Ohh hey fenix, i got one more question for you, do you adjust your velocity with spring tension screw on the back or do you use the regulator?
Did the superfly help with blowback at all.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
there are better deals then village (usually on a short sale, or maybe a saving of like $10 tops), but their quick shipping, honesty about how many they have stocked, and reliability make me keep coming back.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts