Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sup guys. Just started paintballing. I bought the Smart Parts Ion XE, read some good reviews about it. I took off the 14" barrel and put this 18" one instead. I have a regular metal bottle and a standard hopper till I can stop wasting paint on burst and full auto. Changed the black on the grip, handle and chamber to green. Lemme know what you all think.

·
(b '_')b
858 Posts
Its fine.
2/10
18 is way too long for a barrel, my 16 for woodsball was pushing it already.
New feedneck
New asa would be a improvement as well.
QEV...etc
There are tons of upgrades for the ion to improve it, some are pretty cheap like the QEV and feednecks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dude... you're talking a whole different language to me, lol. Idk what a feedneck is, asa QEV etc etc. is there a post that can tell me wtf all that means? I just wanna shoot as accurate as I aim and w/o problems.

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts

·
Don't tempt me. I bite.
542 Posts
Whys that? Just curious.
There's nothing wrong with it, but it's an ion. The way you have to take the body apart to clean them wasn't the best design idea. You run the rist of parts flying everywhere and something breaking. When they work, they're great guns. If you want to mess with a gun and customize it, there's no better gun. Cheap, and has lots of potential. How much did you spend for your setup, there?

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
yup^^^ this is the XE tippmann not the normal ion, much much better design

as for this one 2/10 i have to agree, its mostly stock (around here we basically rate on a scale of how far from stock the marker is) 18" is a long barrel, i do like the green though

defiantly look into a on/off asa (i really enjoy the CP mini on/offs but you will also need a rail mout to make these work on the ion) they make life much easier when putting on and taking off the tank, a clamping feedneck (where you put the hopper into) and the stock trigger is not all that great but if you like it keep it

·
Registered
47 Posts
that definately looks like an 18 (too long IMO) but anyhow IONs are good budget electros, but I would not dump a whole lot of money in upgrades...just get a feedneck, ASA and trigger (inexpensive upgrades that will make a difference)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice beginner marker. Everyone seems to hate the ion but it's a great beginners marker. Easy to maintain in a way, not much to break, and if it's broken just replace the 9v battery.

I would do two upgrades before even hitting the field. Mini drop and on/off asa that bleeds. I am partial to shocktech, but the cp models are just as good. Clamping feedneck, the factory feedneck sucks.

STOP THERE. do not get into upgrading an ion. if you feel like doing more then a clamping feedneck and on/off please just mail me the money because ions will do that for you. They were one of the highest selling guns (may still be the highest selling guns) so the aftermarket flocked to them with everything. I had an ion once. hated it. It shot fine, then aftermarket frame, aftermarket shocktech body, firing can, trigger and board next, feedneck and bolt. Approx 500 dollars + 200 for the marker later I had an excellent ion worth 200 dollars.

use it, enjoy it, when you are ready to move on sell if for 100 bucks and post up your next marker.

unless you are only woods, the 18" was a mistake. you would be better off with the stock barrel.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I love my Ion xe, um first feadneck sucked super hard so switch that. The trigger, (a plastic Pease of ****) snapped in half, a new one is definitely recommendable. There is a wide range of the paintball community with a retarded blind hatred for this marker, kinda like with angle. Another good upgrade is definitely a new board; the virtue is really good you should check it out. For an ASA (the part where the tank screws in) I have a Custom Parts ASA it works really good you should check it out. Over all your maker as it is… have to say 4.5/10. don’t let people trash talk your marker, if you love it, it will be good to you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts