Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know weed is illegal thats why im not talking about smoking it, i just wanna know the law towards it... My freind was caught driving down a dirt rhode smoking a blunt of weed...

i JUST wanna know if they would take your license away if you are 'high', like they do when you are drunk... Its in michigan.

thanks-

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well there was a cop and he was like sitting in a empty lot i think radaring... And im not really sure if he was speeding or what...He also has tinted windows so idk how the cop would see.. But the cops around me are getting more and more teenagers with tinted windows caught doing under age or illegal drugs.. He probley pulled him over just becuz or suspission..I mnot sure though, ill talk to my freind tomorrow and know the whole story..

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
depends on the state. here in new york, after you get your license you're on a 6-month probation period. if you are pulled over for a ticket, its more because you're still in the probation. if you get caught DUI, or DWI, they can suspend your license up until you're 21 years old. meaning you cant drive until you're 21. but thats here in New york, idk about michigan. in most states having weed on you is most a misdemeanor, but since he was smoking while driving it could be considred DUI.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
ja289 said:
depends on the state. here in new york, after you get your license you're on a 6-month probation period. if you are pulled over for a ticket, its more because you're still in the probation. if you get caught DUI, or DWI, they can suspend your license up until you're 21 years old. meaning you cant drive until you're 21. but thats here in New york, idk about michigan. in most states having weed on you is most a misdemeanor, but since he was smoking while driving it could be considred DUI.
they cant give you a dwi with weed because they have no way of proving you were high on weed at the time. alcohol has a breathalyzer. weed does not. all they can prove is that you smell like smoke and your eyes are small

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Spudchucker said:
alcohol has a breathalyzer. weed does not.
They have one now, there testing it out in a few states right now. I read it in one of the LEO journals I get.

Anyway, what happens depends completely on the state. O well, I guess if you do the crime you, be prepared to do the time.

By the way SPYDER16, your spelling is horrid:
Road
Friend
That's
I'm
I
Want to

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
doomsday said:
They have one now, there testing it out in a few states right now. I read it in one of the LEO journals I get.

Anyway, what happens depends completely on the state. O well, I guess if you do the crime you, be prepared to do the time.

By the way SPYDER16, your spelling is horrid:
Road
Friend
That's
I'm
I
Want to
wow im behind on times. i knew they were developing something like that, but i didnt know it was this far advanced yet. bummer, this could be a world of hurt on the casual burn rider who can actually handle driving high

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Spudchucker said:
wow im behind on times. i knew they were developing something like that, but i didnt know it was this far advanced yet. bummer, this could be a world of hurt on the casual burn rider who can actually handle driving high
Shouldn't be driving high anyway, slows your reaction time. ;)

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
doomsday said:
Shouldn't be driving high anyway, slows your reaction time. ;)
it speeds mine up. im a horrible driver sober, but i become very alert when im high. ive been through many perilous situations high and performed perfectly, and ive almost crashed many times sober

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
Spudchucker said:
they cant give you a dwi with weed because they have no way of proving you were high on weed at the time. alcohol has a breathalyzer. weed does not. all they can prove is that you smell like smoke and your eyes are small
here in NY if you have weed on you, or if someone else in the car does they almost automatically charge you with DUI and arrest you sometimes. it sucks because i know some people who've drove around with their friends high (the driver wasnt) but the cop pulls the car over, smells weed, searches the car. finds a bong, a large amount of weed, and charges the driver with DUI

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Spudchucker said:
it speeds mine up. im a horrible driver sober, but i become very alert when im high. ive been through many perilous situations high and performed perfectly, and ive almost crashed many times sober
Spud, I am sorry but there is no way in God's green earth that if you put a systemic tranquilizer in your body that it will enhance your reaction times. You may feel as if it does, but I can assure you that you are impaired and will react slower. This has been proven time and time again (Marijuana use and driving - Hindrik W.J. Robbe http://mojo.calyx.net/~olsen/HEMP/IHA/iha01206.html ) that reaction times are degraded with pot use. NORML (http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=5448) even states a "no drive" policy for those of you who choose to partake of the ganja.

·
Registered
923 Posts
did the cop search the car and find weed, or just know the kid was smoking, and wrote him up. let me know then i'll ask around and try and find out what will happen.

it wont be anything more than a fine, a court date, and maybe some probation....nothing to bad

1 - 17 of 17 Posts