Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my friend just bought an ion and just got a critical trigger for it. He wants to buy another marker for 400 for his birthday, what marker would be the best bet for around 400 bux. And wouldnt he be better off spending that money to supe up his ion?

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Etek and maybe look into a star frame for it.

DM6 isn't a bad choice.

06-07 cyborg is a great option.

In that price range, it's personal preference....mine would be a borg or an angel G7

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he wants to buy a boomstick now for the ion because he wants a good marker till the summer, and he thinks that in the summer parts will be cheaper so hed rather up his ion and have two slightly upgraded markers than a nice working ion and a really upped marker

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
im trying to convince him to save his money and spend it on stuff for his new marker now, or spend it later for ups for he new marker, he wont buy anything used, im a go look at the etek, i didnt know it was around 400
*EDIT*
I see the eteks foing for 525 which kinda isnt the 400 dollar range, but i found on the site it goin for 400, but instead of saying usd or $ it had some weird L symbol so is that still usd or not?

*EDIT 2*

so i guess now hes got his mind set on the etek ego, i love egos so i think thats the best bet, hes gonna save the barrel money for the etek i guess, what do you guys think of the etek? anything better for the price range? Being a cheaper ego, is it gonna have problems like pmrs and slgs do?

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well hes not gonna dump a few grand on it, just wants a nice marker he can keep upgrading and make nice over a while, hes pretty good but mostly a casual player like me

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
Eteks are tight. I used one for a month or 2 last season. I did like my regular ego more but the Etek never gave me any problems.

-Wes.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
I meant used btw...

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
If he wants a gun he can upgrade over time stick with the ion, there isn't much you can do too an etek. as for guns in that range the DM6 is my choice.

·
Registered
60 Posts
He should by a good hopper a good tank and he should get a black heart or virtue board and he coold buy a body kit or he could buy an Ion Xe body kit for easy cleaning

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Wow.. you know, just becasue you like teh Ion XE doesn't meen it's the greatest thing in the world, becasue there are plenty of things that are better stock than any kind of Ion with the best aftermarket upgrades in it...

·
I wanna DM/Autocock Baby
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i very much agree with the azn invazn, just feel like it was a waste spending the money on the ion when a few months later hes gonna fork out another 500, but yeah he sticking with getting an etek, and he already has a fairly nice hopper, and is gonna be using my tank when we go paintballing

·
Registered
62 Posts
If your friend wants a used marker, there's quite a few choices. Like txaggie said, he could get a matrix, an angel, or an ego. If he wants new, he's a little more restricted. For the price, I would get a new Dangerous Power Fusion.

You might want to tell him that he should have a good hopper and tank (if he doesn't already), and that he shouldn't spend money on an ion if he already knows he's going to get a different gun in a few months.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
hoorah for stating everything everyone else has said in the past 3-4 posts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts