Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

My Halo Assembly Thread *Pics*

2K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  ComradeMolyneux 
#1 ·
Ok, I thought I had broke my Halo B for good, so I went into the proshop today to buy the new Hybrid Suicide Halo Shells, and a new board, but Matte (Proshop Owner) had said "Ley me look at this...". I had all the internals in a ziplock baggy.

Now, the problem that I have, is the small button that is on the Halo Board, I broke to where it won't stay on. Here is a pic of my board without the button:
Pic 1
Now, the part that won't stay put, are these three pieces:
Pic 2

He said, if I don't want to buy a new board, and save money, as a last resort, I should try to super glue it... So Here goes:
Pic 3

Now, I want to let you all know that I literally did this, with the upmost fear of breaking my Halo Board completly. Now here's the hard part:

For those that never took a Halo Board apart, you have to gently slide the board out, with the cover, so you won't break that button (like I did).

Same goes as putting it back in. I let the glue dry, and just 5 mins ago, I tried my best...
Pic 4
WALLA *****ES! I am the ****ING KING! BOW DOWN TO ME! :hug:

ok, I am in an over excited mood, but I am ****ing happy that I don't have to buy a new $100 Hopper.

And BTW, the reason for the new Hybrid Suicide Hopper Shell is to avoid all this pain in the ass-ness.

So yea, you might want to consider getting one. In the mean time, b4 I put my Halo COMPLETLY back together, I am going back to the proshop to celebrate my greatness, and get a spring for my Halo Lid. wave:

PEACE!

And sorry, but this part of the forum won't post thumbnails, so this thread looks fugly.

See less See more
#4 ·
Post pictures of the entire halo. I want to see some more pictures of the Hybrid shells because I am considering buying one.

When I had to install my V35 in my halo...the damn stock board wouldn't come out. I had to get a pair of pliers and pretty much destroy it to get it out. I'm just glad that if I ever have a problem with my board, one of my friends has an extra stock board because he thought he fried his this summer, so he got v35 for his halo. When he was installing his v35, he noticed he didn't have the wires connected to the battery pack...

#9 ·
Why would you have to buy a new hopper for a switch thats like 40 cents? At most you'd have to buy a new board.

Darktamer- your friend's idea is really smart, he should submit it to odyssey.

#10 ·
Yeah, I took my halo completely apaert a few nights ago in antisipation of some new sheels coming in and I had to get out big heavy duty construction shears and cut up my old shell to get the board out.

Pain in the ass.

And the hybrid shells look nice, but paint in my hopper doesnt bother me. I just push an old shirt in it, swirl around and it's good enough for me. Heh, I had so much paint in side it that my clear drive cone looked pink at first glance from so much paint under it.

#11 ·
fenix_freak said:
Post pictures of the entire halo. I want to see some more pictures of the Hybrid shells because I am considering buying one.

When I had to install my V35 in my halo...the damn stock board wouldn't come out. I had to get a pair of pliers and pretty much destroy it to get it out. I'm just glad that if I ever have a problem with my board, one of my friends has an extra stock board because he thought he fried his this summer, so he got v35 for his halo. When he was installing his v35, he noticed he didn't have the wires connected to the battery pack...
I don't have the new shell, I was thinking of getting it, but I still use/have my old.

I can still take a pic, but did you think I had teh Hybrid one?

#12 ·
Shamed_Spartan said:
I don't have the new shell, I was thinking of getting it, but I still use/have my old.

I can still take a pic, but did you think I had teh Hybrid one?
Because...
you said:
...so I went into the proshop today to buy the new Hybrid Suicide Halo Shells,..

...And BTW, the reason for the new Hybrid Suicide Hopper Shell is to avoid all this pain in the ass-ness...

#15 · (Edited)
Here are those Hybrid pics:

http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/7773/suicide20shell35zf.jpg

I had broken my On button awhile back to my Halo. I just found a Push Button laying around here at work, took off the old switch and put on this new push button. I had to cut out the sticker opening, but it is great now. I can hit the button with gloves on and actually feel the switch. Easy On and Off, no guessing.

I also purchased some new shells recently. They are from Stinger Paintball Designs. Tell me what you think.

Attachments

#17 ·
That company makes the shells with drawings or designs that you send them. I sent him the images I wanted and they created a reverse sticker I guess. They are on the inside of clear Halo shells. Then they painted the shells black on the inside and clear coated them. It looks nice. But yes, they are not airbrushed or hand painted if that is what you are asking about. And yes those are stock shells.

If you want go check out Stinger Custom Designs site. They have some really cool stuff. If you want a custom look for your Halo.

DyeTex

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.