Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got the ion.it's rockin' the seven holy virtues, has a bob long reg, bullet drop forward, and bunkerking grips (the gun's name comes from the grips, bruce lee ready to kick some ass!!) time to get old school... and a shocktech feedneck. hoping to have enough for a new feedneck, barrel, body and trigger. 2 questions tho... 14 or 16 inch barrel and other suggested ups.
:ninja:

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
14 or 16 is all preference, 14s will be a little easier to move around the field and snap with, 16s will be able to stick through bushes/push down bunkers a little better

i wouldnt really bother with a body kit, chances are you can get your hands on a broken XE for cheaper if you wait long enough for one to show up and use the body off it (not to mention have a lot of spare parts) i would recomend a on/off asa though, my personal favorites are the CP minis, $35 last i checked, but for the ion i think you will also need a rail mount to make those work.

also, why are you getting a new feedneck if you already have a shockteck one?

·
Registered
116 Posts
also, why are you getting a new feedneck if you already have a shockteck one?
You can only use one feedneck:)(unless yours is broken then definently get a new one)

I like 14 and 16's but no bigger or smaller. The 2 inch difference really won't matter, either length will do fine. 2 inches more or less won't really effect you.(but I guess if you want the minor extra accuracy then get the 16 lol)

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
You can only use one feedneck(unless yours is broken:))

I like 14 and 16's but no bigger or smaller. The 2 inch difference really won't matter, either length will do fine. 2 inches more or less won't really effect you.(but I guess if you want the minor extra accuracy then get the 16 lol)
your going to have to explain what you mean by "you can only use one" because unless iv been oblivious for all these years the ion doesnt have 2 feedneck

also, there is no accuracy difference between 12-16 (some will argue 8-16)

·
Registered
116 Posts
....I meant that there is no reason for another one unless the other one is damaged:rolleyes:

·
Housecat
30 Posts
there is not really an accuracy difference between 12-16 but there is a good bit of range difference. If ur playin x-ball i would go with the 16 cus the fields aren't that big but woodsball u would want the 14 so u can shoot farther without having to aim up so much

·
Jazz gone wild.
38 Posts
If there are 2 guns chronoed at 280 fps, and one has a 16" and the other one has a 14", the range difference is going to be 2 inches, a negligible distance. I would go with a 14" although I personally have a 10", makes my gun more compact and more efficient than a 16"

·
Administrator
14,016 Posts
there is not really an accuracy difference between 12-16 but there is a good bit of range difference. If ur playin x-ball i would go with the 16 cus the fields aren't that big but woodsball u would want the 14 so u can shoot farther without having to aim up so much
range difference between a 12 and a 16 from the breach is 4 inches, from the end of the barrel the range is identical, efficiency wise you will see slightly better efficiency off the 16 but it is negligible

1 - 9 of 9 Posts