Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
=( I think my iPod died. I'm getting that folder with an exclamation point symbol, and my computer won't recognize the iPod. Since it won't mount, I can't use iPod Updater to try and restore it. I think I'm going to have to open her up and do some surgery... =(

Anyone know a way I can fix it? Suggestions? Tried looking around online, but didn't find much besides what I already knew/attempted.

-Jinjiro

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah, unconnected it attempts to boot (Apple logo), then the
logo appears, and the iPod shuts off. Some said my harddrive might be fried, but I can still hear things clicking away inside, so I don't know.

I figure my 1,000+ songs are pretty much gone, which sucks, but I can always get them again. I'm more worried about not spending any money to fix this.

Oh yeah, this happened yesterday when I was trying to get an iTrip to work. Think this could have did it in? I just got the iTrip from a friend, whose harddrive fried as well. Faulty iTrip?

-Jin

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've tried resetting it dozens of times, Alpha - won't work. =(
I also put it into Disk Mode (hold Previous & Next buttons while it's booting), but it doesn't do anything, and won't stay in it.

Mike - I'd give it to you, but you'd have to buy me a new 60gig iPod Photo. thumup:

-Jin

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
how long have you had it?

ipods only last about 18 months before they die, and I've been telling you people for a year about that

popular science did a big thing on how ipods batteries, and even the ipod itself completely die after 18 months and there is nothing you can do about it except buy a new one

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had my original for about 6 months, and then the LCD screen got messed up. That was my fault though, I didn't take good care of it. So I got another one under warranty, only had it for about 5-6 months, and now it's dead. It's not the battery though. I can fix it, I just gotta format it.

-Jin

·
0ld Sk00l
3,773 Posts
I tell everyone ipods suck. They are hype

the players i like that the ones that work w/ Napster (there ar elike 3 i liek) and the vigin ones.

Apple sucks at computer and everything else in the world

--Jared

New cool phrase

Apples are for eating. Buy windows

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Woo hoo! I fixed it! I had remembered reading somewhere that someone fixed it by opening the iPod, disconnecting the battery & then plugging the battery back in. Sure enough, it turns on right away, AND all my 1000+ songs are still there!

This is awesome! Just in time for my trip to NYC this Sat.

-Jin

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Jinjiro said:
Woo hoo! I fixed it! I had remembered reading somewhere that someone fixed it by opening the iPod, disconnecting the battery & then plugging the battery back in. Sure enough, it turns on right away, AND all my 1000+ songs are still there!

This is awesome! Just in time for my trip to NYC this Sat.

-Jin
iPods still suck though.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i dont get what the big deal is with ipods. why spend $300 on an mp3 player that dies after a year and half when you could get a better one for $100 that lasts longer? i have been researching it, i cant really find a good reason to buy an ipod over anything else...

and if its because it "makes you look cool" for the last time, NO IT DOESNT. if you have it in your pocket, no one sees it anyways, and when you pull the big square turd out of your pocket i dont see anything to be impressed with there either. just another stupid trend...

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
look, ipods are just very cool. I'm sure everytime u see one u want to look at it closer, possibly touch it. U want to use the awesome scroll wheel and see what all the ipod has there. The thing BEGS to be touched. It's small, light (yes i know most mp3 players are) and runs well. It's the perfect size and the buttons are smart and perfect for what u need.

Though i do wish u could edit song names/info on the fly, and edit any playlist on the fly, and move songs around on the fly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts