Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but at 249,160 miles things break after a couple times.... lol in an attempt to do a burnout (i've successfully done many more just messin around) but i dont do them so frequently anymore... newho i twisted my driveshaft off the rear spline yoke... 3 out of the 4 bolts snapped off flush in the yoke and the driveshaft fell to the ground... only nicked and dinged that up tho, but the driveshaft falling caused my transfer case seal to become chewed up and useless so i was in the middle of replacing that when i freakin broke off a chunk of aluminum off of the tailhousing of my t-case... needless to say i wasnt very happy about that.. if the chunk was smaller i might have been able to pund the seal in and it might have gone in far enough but this is too big of a chunk for that.... oh well... instead of it being 15$ for a new u joint it looks like it'll be 15+ whatever the new tailhousing costs...

tl;dr: lotsa people say it, but just as living proof, BURNOUTS ARE BAD FOR YOUR VEHICLE....

pics of the tailhousing (i dont have any other pics atm...)

·
Registered
882 Posts
That SUCKS!!!

My old ford ranger couldnt do burnouts for crap, or I just cant do them, but I can do them on my sunfire...so not sure on that. I know how that feels lol

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's what i was thinking.. i know most people will call me dumb for doing a burnout and whatnot but i figured i would share my story.. i got this jeep EXTREMELY cheap, and i CAN afford to fix it myself so yeah... btw i also agree.. the bucks do suck, but hey i <3 the shirt :)

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahahaha yeah but see i'm a kid and took the opportunity to get this jeep.. for the mileage it has on it it's in GREAT condition, and it runs beautiful.. also i know how to work on my own cars so if something breaks mommy and daddy dont need to help me out.. if i could afford it i'd go get a nicer car but i cant so i'll live with this :) and martix_agent, this jeep sees plenty of time off road and having fun also ;)

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
its a 1993 cherokee 2.4L. I looked into it and the dana 35 that they put on the 2.5 cherokees are very prone to disaster, but its the smallest dana rear end made, so you cant expect too much out of it

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
crustybug said:
its a 1993 cherokee 2.5L. I looked into it and the dana 35 that they put on the 2.5 cherokees are very prone to disaster, but its the smallest dana rear end made, so you cant expect too much out of it
corrected....

EDIT: way to ressurect the dead thread

1 - 11 of 11 Posts