Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The other day i bought a mini from a friend of mine and its been having several problems. I was able to fix most of the problems but it's still chopping. Originally i thought it was from the horrible blowback my gun had. I replaced all the orings on the bolt system and also replaced the little white thing (whatever it's called) on my gasket. I then relubed everything and cleaned virtually every part of the gun, including the loader which i completely disassembled, cleaned, and put back together. That got rid of my blowback issue and most the chopping. I changed all the settings, including that on my hopper:

ROF: 15bps
Dwell: 24(8 milliseconds)
BIP: 7 milliseconds
Regulator: 190psi
Halo B: feeds 17bps

My gun is working much better but still chopping. Before the work i did on my gun i could get about four balls out before it broke literally every ball, now i can get about a hopper of paint out with around 3 ball breaks (it seems, in both cases, that the faster i shoot the more prone my gun is to breaking balls).

BTW, it's not my barrel, the paint i'm using, with a slight push, glides right out the otherside of my barrel. Any suggestions?

I just noticed that i said dwell is at 8 milliseconds, it's at 6 (24 * .25 = 6)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my eyes are on, and i'm pretty sure the balls are breaking in the gun b/c there is paint in my chamber and also in my hopper. btw, cool pic

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I beleive they are v2, i have a newer mini, so i think everything is at least v2 (i.e. spring loaded poppit). how can u tell for sure?

·
Wishes to play Pball moar
493 Posts
I remember that the mini's spring causes it to chop. You have to break it in first. I got this from PizzaMilitia's review on the mini.

How to break in your spring:

Set your dwell to 28.
Set your rof to 20bps.
Set your mode to nxl.
Set your presure to 1 tic below 200.
Turn your velosity adjuster in all the way.
Turn you eyes off.
Let it rip a entire tank or 3 out (depending on size, pressure, and your feel for how it needs to be broken in)

Try that maybe it won't chop.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
id think so, but also what paint are you using? if you have broken paint in your hopper the problems could be starting there and the broken paint in the marker is just a result of it dripping down adn then having barrel breaks after that. small burs can do that, to make sure they are not barrel breaks, take the barrel off and start ripping some paint out, if it still breaks some you have eliminated one situation from the equasion

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe it is the hopper, on sunday i played with someone else's hopper and i didn't have a single chop. So if it is the hopper how do i fix it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe it is the hopper, on sunday i played with someone else's hopper and i didn't have a single chop. So if it is the hopper how do i fix it?

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
take it compleatly apart, look at the drive cone, and take the cover off the raceway to look in there, run your finger over anything to see if anything feels remotly sharp, if it does use some sand paper to smooth it down

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Your tention and/or speed setting (if you have one) could be set too high.
Turn it down if you can adjust it. If you have a constant force hopper (like the VL Force), than save up and get a new hopper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts