Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

info on gun from seller.............flatline barrel, double trigger comes with a c02 stock hopper and its stock barrel and as an extra gift I will include a gameface mask

i just got this gun and i was wondering what is the purpose of the thing that drops the co2 forward and down? obviously i am new and i just wanted to know if i can get some explanations of this gun and its additions from the picture and description that i posted. what is different and does it have a purpose? also, seller says flatline barrel but it doesnt look like the flatline that i have seen. is there more than one style?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Barrel looks like something made by PMI. A Flatline barrel is NOT straight.
You're hopper is on backwards.
The "Drop Forward" shifts the weight of the tank closer to the middle of the marker, balancing it more (So the marker is less back heavy).

Edit: Look for a company logo on the barrel, I'm quite interested in knowing what it is..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Barrel looks like something made by PMI. A Flatline barrel is NOT straight.
You're hopper is on backwards.
The "Drop Forward" shifts the weight of the tank closer to the middle of the marker, balancing it more (So the marker is less back heavy).

Edit: Look for a company logo on the barrel, I'm quite interested in knowing what it is..
will do, does the barrel look like a good one from the pics? the guy says.........it has a barel with a 32 on it and a bunch of holes in it.

i didn't take the pic of the gun and i seen that the hopper was on backwards too lol.

and i take it that balance is a good thing on these paintball guns right? i see the drop forward thing installed on alot of these guns.

thanks for the reply!thumup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Best way to find out if that 32 Degrees barrel is any good is to air her up and start shooting (the holes are known as 'porting').

You'll enjoy the marker. Happy hunting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i think you made a good choice. A-5s are hella easy to strip and clean and they are pretty reliable from what i have seen. very easily upgradable too.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
i think you made a good choice. A-5s are hella easy to strip and clean and they are pretty reliable from what i have seen. very easily upgradable too.
I really hope you're joking...

Find any Spyder and compare takedown speeds... than you can tell me again, which one is easier.

To above

I really don't know how you can tell a barrel's manufacturer by shooting it. All you have to do is look at the barrel and find the manufacturer's logo, thats all...

·
Registered
23 Posts

Find any Spyder and compare takedown speeds... than you can tell me again, which one is easier.

To above

I really don't know how you can tell a barrel's manufacturer by shooting it. All you have to do is look at the barrel and find the manufacturer's logo, thats all...
Exactly A5's are a PITA that dam cocking spring is down right retreaded.
1 screw on my Mini and I'm at the bolt, 3 more and I'm at the eye's. The A5 is far from simple and easy. Not to mention the dam handle that is always falling off. It is a good gun though, lots of mods for it.

·
815 Posts
Exactly A5's are a PITA that dam cocking spring is down right retreaded.
1 screw on my Mini and I'm at the bolt, 3 more and I'm at the eye's. The A5 is far from simple and easy. Not to mention the dam handle that is always falling off. It is a good gun though, lots of mods for it.
Handle falling off? Heh, havent heard of that problem or had one on my A5. I have a A5 for one reason and one reason only. It was given to me. It was free and like I told others, I value free things. The gun itself is pretty decent. Not the best, not the worst. As for the barrel.. Thats not a flatline. How much did you pay exactly for that?

As for the handle spring, I replaced mine with my old rear bolt spring and it fit perfect and its now a lighter pull and doesnt pop out when opened.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
your right, its not a flatline. its a 32 degrees. i paid 130+shipping for what you see in the pic. so, what do you all know about 32 degrees barrels???

·
Registered
5 Posts

To above

Are you really that great that everyone needs to hear how much better your gun is. This thread is about questions on an A-5, not a comparison to YOUR spyder. Yes, the A-5 is easy to strip and clean. No, it is not the easiest. Get over yourself.

·
815 Posts
LOL! but seriously, the A-5 and with it the 98 are two of the worst designs out there to strip and clean, as for that pesky cocking spring, the tech at my local shop says he clips the first 3 rings off any that he has to work on, that way they fit perfectly into the groove, no more jumping around
You can just use a spear bolt spring it fits perfectly in there.. I wouldnt say the worst designs, but i can hardly say decent designs for maintenance..

EDIT: (to lug) Btw just read your post over again, he wasnt saying it was better all together, he was saying how its EASIER to clean/take apart...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll never be one to tell you my gun is better or faster, but I have been able to change my A-5 from a woodsball setup to a sppedball setup in a couple minutes in the staging area. The big dif is I use a remote straight from the tombstone during woodsball, and a drop forward for speedball. I know the A-5 is not a great choice for speedball, but here in Japan, it is not like we have major tourny play. I am just out there to have fun, and paintball with my friends.

·
815 Posts
I'll never be one to tell you my gun is better or faster, but I have been able to change my A-5 from a woodsball setup to a sppedball setup in a couple minutes in the staging area. The big dif is I use a remote straight from the tombstone during woodsball, and a drop forward for speedball. I know the A-5 is not a great choice for speedball, but here in Japan, it is not like we have major tourny play. I am just out there to have fun, and paintball with my friends.
And no one in this thread is saying how much better their gun is. We know about the A5, and yes I have one.

·
815 Posts
well thats great and all but if your going from woods to speed it sounds like its all external, mcdoofy, can you think of anything worse to strip down than a a-5? unless theres a marker out there that the body splits into like 4 pieces that im not aware of
Honestly I think the 98C is more complex. I strip my A5 without any problems, as it does take 30 minutes to take it apart, clean it and put it back together I still think the 98C is more of a pain. And call me doofy, thanks.

EDIT: Just noticed, the next post you make, we will have the same number of posts.. lol just saying..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts