Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a PGP. Beasted it for 49.51.
Pics:

Plans on:
RVA
CA Adapter (maybe)
K Frame
Quick Turn Co2 Changer Knob
Quick Feed that im gonna try and make

Tips?
Anything?

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
haha nice. I've shot one before. They are good for their age. That one appears to be the older version and not the ones they came out with in 2000... at least thats what i think.

My freind tried to make a quick feed thing for his pgp also.... it failed.... horribly... haha. Its just hard to do. I suggest NOT drilling into the feed tube. breaks more stuff than its worth.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha nice. I've shot one before. They are good for their age. That one appears to be the older version and not the ones they came out with in 2000... at least thats what i think.

My freind tried to make a quick feed thing for his pgp also.... it failed.... horribly... haha. Its just hard to do. I suggest NOT drilling into the feed tube. breaks more stuff than its worth.
Yeah the 2k+ PGPs came with the quick feed gate, a larger barrel, a Faast changer, and a RVA.

Im not sure what im going to do. Im hoping this will bring out the tinker-er in me and maybe ill start cooking up some parts or something.
mmmm brass...
Boy you said it.

This thing shoots great. Not sure on velocity, but was getting a good feeling and all breaks.
Seems i got about 40+ useable shots on a 12gram. Not including visible/audible shootdown.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is sexy Craw.
I just dont like the 2k PGPs because of the longer barrel. I dont mind aftermarket stuff.
Whats the point of the Slide frame on there? Ive seen alot of people do that, but i have no real reason for besides preference and feel.
Also, they are supposed to have a REAL hard pump stroke because of the bearings in the bolt, right?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
With a pump I don't prefer one style of trigger over another but I guess whoever had my PGP made preferred a slider. The pump stroke on a PGP is naturally stiff its about the most basic pump you can buy and I guess it is just part of the charm. If you are having some trouble pumping it make sure to give it a good cleaning and oiling. I've found that a lot of PGPs I've come across have been sitting a long while and a while they can handle a lot of neglect they shoot better clean and oiled.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright. Ill oil it, though i believe the person i bought it from had before he sent it.
If the bearing design could be improved it would be great. If they retreated easier, then you could have the smoother pump stroke and the advantage of not having to hold the pump are forward.

·
knows whats goin down.
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i oiled both and now they pump MUCH better. Gotten pretty good at dissassembly too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts